I have a 3GS(old boot rom) 3.1.2 jailbroken and unlocked (I don't have a data plan).. Is it possible to upgrade to ios4 and keep my unlock. This way I don't have to register my iPhone with AT&T.. Or is there a program I can download where i can unlock from my computer to bypass the registration process..(the only unlock for 4.0.1 that I can find is through cydia)
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    08-05-2010 10:43 AM
    I have a 3GS(old boot rom) 3.1.2 jailbroken and unlocked (I don't have a data plan).. Is it possible to upgrade to ios4 and keep my unlock. This way I don't have to register my iPhone with AT&T.. Or is there a program I can download where i can unlock from my computer to bypass the registration process..(the only unlock for 4.0.1 that I can find is through cydia)
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Both the latest jailbreak and ultrasn0w carrier unlock work with 4.0.1, so you should be good to go.
    08-05-2010 10:49 AM
    IMO the latest jailbreak is pretty buggy. Use sn0wbreeze or pwnage tool to create a custom firmware that preserves your jailbreak and baseband and re-unlock with ultrasn0w
    08-05-2010 11:06 AM
    I agree with big9erfan. That's the best way to go till they fix all the issues
    08-05-2010 11:15 AM
    IMO the latest jailbreak is pretty buggy. Use sn0wbreeze or pwnage tool to create a custom firmware that preserves your jailbreak and baseband and re-unlock with ultrasn0w
    So if I use the custom firmware. I can upgrade to 4.0.1 and won't have to register my phone?
    08-05-2010 11:59 AM
    Technically AT&T knows exactly what kind of phone you have. They can at any time require you to have a Data Plan as that is part of the contract ( if you have an iPhone you are required to have an iPhone data plan ).

I'm not sure what you mean by "register". If you mean "hacktivation", then I believe sn0wbreeze and pwnage both support that.
    08-05-2010 12:25 PM
    I think the 3GS is having more issues than the 4 with the current JB. My 4 is running smooth as silk...no issues.
    08-05-2010 12:41 PM
    Yes activation is what I meant..
    Thanks I'll try sn0breeze
    08-05-2010 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD