Keep unlock when upgrading from 3.1.2 to ios 4.0.1

Cardinals_fan365

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3GS(old boot rom) 3.1.2 jailbroken and unlocked (I don't have a data plan).. Is it possible to upgrade to ios4 and keep my unlock. This way I don't have to register my iPhone with AT&T.. Or is there a program I can download where i can unlock from my computer to bypass the registration process..(the only unlock for 4.0.1 that I can find is through cydia)
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3GS(old boot rom) 3.1.2 jailbroken and unlocked (I don't have a data plan).. Is it possible to upgrade to ios4 and keep my unlock. This way I don't have to register my iPhone with AT&T.. Or is there a program I can download where i can unlock from my computer to bypass the registration process..(the only unlock for 4.0.1 that I can find is through cydia)
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Both the latest jailbreak and ultrasn0w carrier unlock work with 4.0.1, so you should be good to go.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
IMO the latest jailbreak is pretty buggy. Use sn0wbreeze or pwnage tool to create a custom firmware that preserves your jailbreak and baseband and re-unlock with ultrasn0w

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Technically AT&T knows exactly what kind of phone you have. They can at any time require you to have a Data Plan as that is part of the contract ( if you have an iPhone you are required to have an iPhone data plan ).

I'm not sure what you mean by "register". If you mean "hacktivation", then I believe sn0wbreeze and pwnage both support that.

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
IMO the latest jailbreak is pretty buggy. Use sn0wbreeze or pwnage tool to create a custom firmware that preserves your jailbreak and baseband and re-unlock with ultrasn0w

I think the 3GS is having more issues than the 4 with the current JB. My 4 is running smooth as silk...no issues. :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2