Hi guys,
    I friend is going to sell me his iPhone 3gs for a good price, now that he got a iphone 4

The thing is, it is unlocked. Will that prevent me from updating to the latest software from apple?

and so, is there a way to lock it back up?

PS: When is a jailbreak for the 3gs on 4.0.1 probably be out?

Thanks and keep up the work
    07-26-2010 02:53 AM
    If you don't need it unlocked, there is no reason not to update. If you need it unlocked - do not update. We have no idea when the jailbreak will be out for 4 on the 3GS or if it will be unlockable.
    07-26-2010 08:22 AM
    If you don't need it unlocked, there is no reason not to update. If you need it unlocked - do not update. We have no idea when the jailbreak will be out for 4 on the 3GS or if it will be unlockable.

So, if I update to iOS4, it will lock the phone again?
    07-26-2010 11:22 AM
    Yes, upgrading ur firmware will delete ur jailbreak and lock it back to AT&T network. Will be back to factory settings again.
    07-26-2010 11:28 AM
    How do you sync the 3Gs to a new iTunes account w/o updating then?
    07-27-2010 10:21 AM
    Just sync, and when iTunes asks if you want to update - click NO.
    07-27-2010 12:50 PM
    Just sync, and when iTunes asks if you want to update - click NO.
    I sold my 3Gs to a friend at work and I want to make sure he keeps 3.1.3 jailbroken. Can he actually set up a new iTunes account on a different computer w/o restoring the phone and use his own iTunes password for app updates?

At this time the phone is designed to sync to my iTunes account even though I reset the phone so all my data disappeared. The applications can not be updated unless I enter the password for him.
    Last edited by Skywalker; 07-27-2010 at 03:11 PM.
    07-27-2010 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD