Unlocked 3gs on 3.1.2 update

cainhunpi

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,
I friend is going to sell me his iPhone 3gs for a good price, now that he got a iphone 4

The thing is, it is unlocked. Will that prevent me from updating to the latest software from apple?

and so, is there a way to lock it back up?

PS: When is a jailbreak for the 3gs on 4.0.1 probably be out?

Thanks and keep up the work

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you don't need it unlocked, there is no reason not to update. If you need it unlocked - do not update. We have no idea when the jailbreak will be out for 4 on the 3GS or if it will be unlockable.

cainhunpi

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
If you don't need it unlocked, there is no reason not to update. If you need it unlocked - do not update. We have no idea when the jailbreak will be out for 4 on the 3GS or if it will be unlockable.

So, if I update to iOS4, it will lock the phone again?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes, upgrading ur firmware will delete ur jailbreak and lock it back to AT&T network. Will be back to factory settings again.

Skywalker

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site

How do you sync the 3Gs to a new iTunes account w/o updating then?

Skywalker

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Just sync, and when iTunes asks if you want to update - click NO.

I sold my 3Gs to a friend at work and I want to make sure he keeps 3.1.3 jailbroken. Can he actually set up a new iTunes account on a different computer w/o restoring the phone and use his own iTunes password for app updates?

At this time the phone is designed to sync to my iTunes account even though I reset the phone so all my data disappeared. The applications can not be updated unless I enter the password for him.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll