Iphone 3GS without carrier, needs unlock?

Vineel

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I have bought a new iphone 3GS - 32GB in Australia without a carrier. It is a brand new piece with seal unbroken. It is not locked to any of the network carriers like AT&T etc.

As it has no carrier, does it need unlocking, if I bring it to my country?

One of my friend is saying that I can bring it here, open the seal and just put SIM of whichever network carrier I wanted and from then, it will be locked to that network.

I am anyway not going to change my contact number, so is the network carrier. So that sounds good to me.

But does it really work like that? Or do I need to unlock it again.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
If it is factory unlocked then it will never be locked to ANY carrier, even if u do firmware updates. U should be able to insert ur sim card into the phone and use it with ur current phone number once it's activated.

Vineel

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
It is not even factory unlocked. Its a new brand piece without any carrier. If I insert some carrier SIM and activate it, it gets locked to that carrier. But it is in Australia. But can I use it in India? I don't mind even if it gets locked to a particular carrier, as long as it works with my present Carrier network.

But my question is, does it really work like that? The seal is not broken. Now can I use any carrier SIM, activate it and use it? I don't bother if it gets locked to that Carrier.

Can anybody clarify? If it doesn't work, then I need to think of jaibreaking.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2