some help!!

toothy

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I have posted a previous thread with lots of people looking but no-one replying.

I just need some advice/help.

I have my 3G iphone running on 2.2.1 os and i have already jaiilbroken it. I want to update to the latest software available but I am unsure of how to do it now.

A couple of questions:

1) If i simply go into itunes and restore what will happen? Will my iphone still work and go back to the original operating system and then can i update to the original iphone o/s?
2) Is there any apps available on the itunes store to allow mms or video on an iphone 3g if i dont decide to jailbreak again?
3) How do i actually go about updating my os from 2.2.1 to the latest os and keep my phone jailbroken? Is there anything I should be worried about when doing this??

If someone/anyone could help or guide me it would be much appreciated...

cheers

toothy

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
First, if it's unlocked, don't do anything. You'll lose the unlock and can't get it back. If all you need to do is jailbreak, connect to iTunes, upgrade to 3.1.3 (this will un-jailbreak the device, then download Spirit and run it to re-jailbreak. It takes about 15 seconds or so for Spirit to JB the device. Cydia will be installed during the process.

toothy

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the help.

Just to clear that up....yes my phone is unlocked. so, are you saying dont do anything? dont run the software update on itunes?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
NOOOOOOO!!!!!! don't upgrade to 3.1.3 if u require the unlock bc there is no current unlock for the new baseband it will update to and no date about when that will come. Just hold tight till unlock is available.

toothy

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
sorry to sound like a newbie...but the unlock - does that basically mean you can use an carrier? I think mine is unlocked but how can i tell. i live in oz and use telstra and it is a 3g iphone...

toothy

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
2) Is there any apps available on the itunes store to allow mms or video on an iphone 3g if i dont decide to jailbreak again?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2