Possible to unlock my iphone 3G after a spirit jailbreak?

MojoJojo

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to unlock my iphone 3G after I jailbroke it with Spirit? Is it as simple as downloading snow in Cydia? Someone please help! Thanks. :)

simlj

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi, Sorry to jump on your thread, however, this relates to a query I have too!

I have an iPhone 3GS (3.1.2).

I have already jailbroken it yesterday, using BlackRain, and unlocked it using Snow. All is well thank goodness!

However, I would like to have an 'untethered jailbreak' instead - ie - not have to reload BlackRain, each time my iPhone has been turned off..

So, is it possible to now 're - jailbreak' using Spirit, and then to 're - unlock' using Snow?

I assume I'd have to restore the iPhone to original settings in iTunes (3.1.3?), before I did this too?

Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Cheers - Sim

simlj

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info rdiddy_25.

So, I need to leave it as 3.1.2 then.

Am I able to 'restore' my iPhone - ie - to factory settings (3.1.2 as it was / is)
and then, re - jailbreak using Spirit, and then unlock using Snow?

Many Thanks,

Sim.

simlj

May 23, 2010
Visit site
My worry is, that, doesn't iTunes automatically upgrade you to the newest version of the iPhone OS, if I select 'restore'? ie - 3.1.3, leaving me no choice?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Go to settings-general- reset. It will reset the phone back to factory settings without upgrading u to 3.1.3 or the baseband. Just clears the JB and puts the phone back to factory settings. Then u can re-jailbreak with spirit then unlock and you'll be good to go

soulfulzeta

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings-general- reset. It will reset the phone back to factory settings without upgrading u to 3.1.3 or the baseband. Just clears the JB and puts the phone back to factory settings. Then u can re-jailbreak with spirit then unlock and you'll be good to go

Okay so jailbreak with spirit and unlock with what? That question still isn't very clear to me and I need my phone unlocked. I'm running 3.1.2.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Only way to get 3.1.3 unlocked (that I've seen mentioned) is to use one of the pwnage tools to create a custom 3.1.3 without upgrading the baseband. I do not know how to do it (I don't need my phone unlocked), so find the thread, read carefully, and proceed at your own peril.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
There are a few unlock tools, such as ultrasn0w, which is in Cydia after u JB. So reset ur phone thru the settings reset. JB with Spirit then unlock with ultrasn0w. Good luck.

soulfulzeta

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Okay,

Now it's saying I need iTunes 9 but I'm running iTunes 9...what should I do? If I reinstall iTunes, I'll lose my backups right?

ETA

Help help help. I erased the data, however now when I connect to iTunes it says it's in recovery mode and won't allow me to restore from my last back up. I can't remember how to reset it from the actual phone and I DON'T want to update and restore to 3.1.3. What do I do now?

Last edited:

entycemeee

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Go to Felixburns.com and download the firmware you want. then go to itunes and hit shift then restore. once you do that select the firmware you jus downloaded and BAM your iphone is restored without going through the itunes update to 3.1.3....

soulfulzeta

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Go to Felixburns.com and download the firmware you want. then go to itunes and hit shift then restore. once you do that select the firmware you jus downloaded and BAM your iphone is restored without going through the itunes update to 3.1.3....

That no longer works as I so painfully found out last night. Apple does not sign any previous firmware anymore. Thanks for your reply though.

MojoJojo

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Sim, I've been trying to figure out the same thing for days now. Is it possibel to jailbreak with Spirit and unlock with sn0w? Lol, no one seems to be able to answer that question. Please let me know if you find out. My main question is: How ould I get sn0w to unlock my phone after the Spirit jbreak. Is it downloadable? Do I get it from Cydia? Lol, I'm sure you feel my pain here. I think the reason most are unable to answer this question is bcuz they are jailbreaking with black rain, not spirit.

soulfulzeta

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Sim, I've been trying to figure out the same thing for days now. Is it possibel to jailbreak with Spirit and unlock with sn0w? Lol, no one seems to be able to answer that question. Please let me know if you find out. My main question is: How ould I get sn0w to unlock my phone after the Spirit jbreak. Is it downloadable? Do I get it from Cydia? Lol, I'm sure you feel my pain here. I think the reason most are unable to answer this question is bcuz they are jailbreaking with black rain, not spirit.

Well MojoJojo,

I am not sure because I never made it to that point. I messed up by selecting reset all settings instead of erase all content and settings. I'm still have the JB which I love by the way...I hated having to reboot using blackra1n and something always froze, didn't turn on etc. but I digress.

I believe you can get sn0w through Cydia but I would use caution and allow someone who has some experience with this confirm. Alli and Lucifer both have a lot of knowledge about this type of thing IMO, so I would ask either or them. Rdiddy seems to as well just doesn't have the post count up (As if that means anything). Sorry I couldn't be much help.