Spirit JB Successful - How to restore tethering?

uforgot1

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I use a Blackberry. Got my mom an iPhone 3GS (it's official, EVERYONE now has a cell phone since she was the LAST PERSON ON EARTH to get one). She uses it tethered to her computer as the only internet connection she has out in the sticks. But I digress...

Due to a hard crash the phone was upgraded to 3.1.3 by the nice people at the Apple store, then brought back to me to "fix" the now non-existant tethering. Thank God Spirit was released!

But try as I might, I can not get the Tethering option to return to the Network menu. I have downloaded the ATT mobileconfigs from thetheringiphone.blackra1n.org/help (May 3 version) and rebooted. Still nothing. I am an iPhone noob. (There, I said it!)

Please help!!

Last edited:

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
She can download mywi from cydia/rock and do it this way....I'm using it on my 3GS to tether my iPad wifi+3G version. (better then paying for 2 data plans lol)

App works good but not free... $9.99 I think. But worth it

uforgot1

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the MyWi suggestion. I would prefer the old Internet Tethering option since her desktop cpu does not have a wifi card. The usb connection has the added advantage of keeping the battery charged.
Keep the advise coming! I do appreciate it.

Forbes

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey Gary I too have a iPhone 3GS that was once jailbroken and unlocked using blackra1 but in my attempt to jailbreak with spirit I messed all that up is there anyway I can get my iPhone back unlocked and jailbroken with blackra1?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
uforgot1, why not have a look at PdaNet, also not free, but will work via usb.

Forbes, why not do a search instead of trying to hijack every thread to find out the answer to your problem?

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been in the same boat with tethering. I've been playing with all of the above and I must say mywi seems to be the easiest with the most features. iPhone modem needs a helper program, it works ok but seems to loose some bandwidth over the wifi ad hoc. PdAnet seems ok but for the same price mywi gives you USB, Bluetooth, and wifi router for multiple connections. Personally I'm going with mywi. Im not plugging for them. Just feel your pain. I had the carrier tether thru blackra1n before. Paying for it hurts but... Meh I need the tether. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2