I have a huge problem. I jailbroke my iphone about two months ago and never had problems. However, yesterday the screen started freezing so i resprang the phone with SBSettings. Then the apple appeared. Since then, the screen is just stuck on the apple. It won't do anything else, except show me the battery symbol. I thought of restoring it with iTunes but it doesn't appear on iTunes at all. What can I do? I am really desperate.

and if I bring it to an apple store in this condition, they will probably be able to tell that it has been jailbroken. If so, does restoring a frozen iphone cost a lot?
    !

Please please help me!
    02-20-2010 04:10 PM
    Restoring is free. Just put it into DFU mode and restore/upgrade to 3.1.3.. Then you can turn it into Apple,BUT you'll probably get a tethered jailbreak (if you're lucky enough to get a refurbished. OR you'll get one with 3.1.3, which is unjailbreakable.

All in all, your situation is not good.
    02-20-2010 04:14 PM
    With the phone switched off plug it into iTunes while holding the Home button down for ten seconds. Your computer will pick up the so you can do a restore. But as I am also at the moment looking at an unfortunate 3.1.3 unwanted upgrade. Anyway to avoid it?? I don't think so but I'm still trying to work that out for sure before I restore. I'm waiting on my helpful friend above to confirm I'm in the 'not good' stakes as well.
    Last edited by Listy; 02-21-2010 at 10:11 PM.
    02-21-2010 10:07 PM
    You said that iTunes doesn't show your iphone. I had that problem too and even when I put the phone in DFU mode iTunes didn't detect an iphone in recovery mode. I had to uninstall "Apple Mobile Device Support" and iTunes and then reinstall iTunes. After that my computer detected my phone and I could restore. If you do restore you'll be 3.1.3. which has already been said. Sorry.
    02-22-2010 12:55 AM
    if it's in DFU disconnect it from the pc, hold down the home & power button for 10 seconds with the phone disconnected from the PC. Then repower on w/ the power button.

If it's in recovery mode use QuickPwn 2.2 to get it to start normally

but get QuickPwn from the dev teams site, not some random site.
    02-22-2010 01:18 PM
    That didnt help me but thanks for the suggestion.
    02-23-2010 01:50 AM
    u can download any firmware from here
    ww.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

i don't know if that helps u ?
    02-23-2010 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD