No Ssh

gnave

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

regards your article securing the iphone.

I know that in order to SSH in to my phone, I need to install OpenSSH from Cydia.
If I did not install Open SSH Dose that means that in effect my iphone is secure because no one can SHH in to it?

Thanks

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
If you do not have SSH access enabled on your phone, I believe you should be ok. I'm not 100%, I'll have to look into that a little bit more.

If you don't want to SSH, as loudrims stated, just use a program like he posted above to gain access to your iPhone files.

SSH provides more power and manipulation over files and you can do more, but for just replacing icons and files, those programs work just find and I recommend them if you feel a little leery over SSH'ing your device.

Uproarmedia

Nov 3, 2009
www.uproarmedia.com
The fact that the "mobile" and "root" passwords are known and published, I would highly recommend everybody to change them, running SSH or not. Half the battle is won by hackers already knowing the password to the superuser account, now its just finding a way in.

gnave

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I agree with what you said, bus of the phone dose not answer SSH conection to begin with.... its very hard to find a way...

Uproarmedia

Nov 3, 2009
www.uproarmedia.com
I have learned one thing in my career, never say never. While disabling SSH will lower the chances greatly, why risk it? I changed both my root and mobile passwords and everything works fine, so I doubt it will cause conflicts with anything.

You mentioned you just wanted to be safe and secure, well that would include changing these. But, if that's a chance you are willing to take and a risk you are willing to accept, who am I to try and convince you otherwise.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Changing the passwords are easy and like my router I always like have my OWN password not some default like every other phone. So I would say it's easy so why not do it, I've done it and it take 5 minutes if that.

Also not having OpenSSH should make you more secure as I've thought which is why I don't have it because I use another program to get to my stuff through the USB cable which is wayyyyy faster than through SSH. However if you have SSH and want to go as far as turning off your Wifi get SBSettings and turn your SSH off. It is a big drain on the battery so even if you turn Wifi off you're secure but SSH could be eating up your battery power for nothing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77