Sn0wday has been pushed up to 11/03/09

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Good news for all you unlockers out there who have been accidentally and patiently waiting after officially upgrading - Geohot has announced the his tool, blacksn0w will be officially released on 11/03/09, TODAY, at noon, EST, a full day early. According to him, it will be included as part of his blackra1n.app directly on the iPhone. More details can be found on his blog.

On the iPhone: sn0wday

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
I have read his blog and I have a question. He mentions something about if a user has JB'n already with Pwnagetool that they can get blackra1n from Cydia. I currently have a 3gs jaibroken with redsn0w on 3.01. Wouldn't I have to update to 3.1.2 through iTunes in order to run blackra1n?

Why would I download with Cydia if I am still on 3.0.1?

Can anyone clarify this please?

pat_the_cat

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
huh. no tethering that I can see. And Weather Icon is broken. Great.

EDIT: went to help.benm.at from my iPhone. Downloaded the carrier bundle for AT&T and installed. Then ya gotta reboot. Otherwise it tells you to contact AT&T for turning on tethering, yeah Ok, sure will do that. After reboot just like it was before for tethering before Apple broke it. I am a happy guy now!!!

Another edit: after I did the unlock, when I reboot my phone I lost WiFi connections. Went Settings-->General-->Reset-->Reset All Settings and that fixed that. Then I had to rearrange/modify everything the way I had it but at least it works.

Last edited:

stc22

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I've unlocked my iPhone 3Gs OTB 3.1 using blacksn0w thru Cydia.
It worked like a charm. (took only a few seconds to unlock).

I've bought my phone in late Sept'09 then JB using blackra1n, I've removed blackra1n from the applications after JB then today successfully unlocked using blacksn0w via cydia.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2