Help jailbreaking without a sim card

weezyfbabyy

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys so I'm not really good with iphones and I just got one from my gf. I'm not going to use the iphone as a phone for now (just music games and stuff)

so I was trying to jailbreak it (I've already done this a couple of times before) but now it wont work because I dont have a sim card in it( I dont have a sim card as i'm on telus with a blackberry).

I've been searching everywhere I could to find a solution but found nothing so here I am hoping for an answer. Can I jailbreak my Iphone without a sim card in it ? or even just make it work because as of now, its useless and caught on the '' No SIM Card installed'' thingy where I can only make emergency calls.

OR

should I just borrow a SIM from a friend just for the time to update and maybe jailbreak it ? (would that work)

once again I'm really more of a blackberry guy trying to learn a little more about iphones :)

thanks a lot for any help,

white573

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
i have seen photos on here were they r jb and it says no sim were the carrier name is i just yesterday was attempting to jb one w/o a sim in it but had no luck i am going to continue n a min to jb will let u know if it works for me what kind of phone do u have firmware ver.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Borrow the SIM and JB then unlock if the phone is still on firmware 3.0 or 3.0.1 but not higher. If you want to upgrade to the latest firmware use a custom firmware made with pwnage tool. Then you'll be able to upgrade and still unlock. Once it's JB and unlocked pull the SIM out and give it back. If the phone locks in the future just put ant SIM in because it's unlocked and should accept a SIM from any carier. Once JB and unlocked NEVER upgrade the firmware via iTunes read any pop ups and if it's a firmware update make sure you cancel. If the phone is already on firmware 3.1 or above then borrow the SIM and JB give the SIM back and hopefully it wont lock itself next time you connect to iTunes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2