What are the advantages of jailbreaking?

palaemon

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Does Winterboard run in the background? I have a 3G and it's running as smooth or smoother than b4, and I don't want to slow it back down.

palaemon

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreaking doesn't affect your billing. I mainly jailbreak so I can access the phone's file system and edit email and SMS tones. I also like changing my icons in the status bar at the top of the phone. And there are endless amount of themes too. For me, it's all about personalizing my phone to fit me. Here's some pics of my phone.

What battery themes are you using? they r sweet!

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Does Winterboard run in the background? I have a 3G and it's running as smooth or smoother than b4, and I don't want to slow it back down.

I'm not sure how much system resources are taken up by winterboard however I haven't noticed any slowness. I'm sure you could go theme happy and enable 20 things in winterboard that would slow your phone down. Just try it out. If you don't like it, uninstall it. :)

Camcardshark

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
I still can't figure out how to get a keyboard theme to actually do anything I downloaded 3 and none of them worked, also every app I got before jailbreaking my phone don't work... Any help is always appreciated!

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
Yeah, keyboard themes, icon packages, dialer skins, wallpaper backgrounds all need to be done in Winterboard. There are some themes that allow you to change the look of SBSettings and SBSettings Only....Open SBSetttings and click on the More Button and then you can click on the Manage Themes to change the look of the SBSettings Application.

palaemon

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure how much system resources are taken up by winterboard however I haven't noticed any slowness. I'm sure you could go theme happy and enable 20 things in winterboard that would slow your phone down. Just try it out. If you don't like it, uninstall it. :)

Thanks! I'll try it. btw what's the theme ur using too?

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I did way back in 2.2.1. The media player would display black when playing vids. I had to re-jailbreak the phone to fix it. You may have to do the same.