New to the iPhone world - Need some quick answers!

vicx52o

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Well as the title states I just recently switched to a iPhone 3g.
The iPhone 3g that I acquired is running 3.0 and has the modem firmware 04.26.08. Now the person that had this phone prior to me had told me it has already been unlocked. I am running a AT&T family plan with a Blackberry data plan (I had a BB 9530). The phone is working perfectly fine because I found an app that would manually configure the APN settings. Now my question's are:

If I update to the latest OS 3.1.2 will I be able to use the iPhone without any problems?

Am I going to have to get an iPhone plan?

Thanks

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
AT&T will auto-detect that you're using an iPhone under your blackberry plan and automatically switch you over, billing wise.

If you upgrade to 3.1.2, you need to make some choices. Like if you want to REMAIN able to unlock your phone to any GSM network other that AT&T. If you upgrade through iTunes, your iPhone will function perfectly, however you will lose your ability to go to other networks.

If you DO want to keep your ability to go to other GSM carriers, you can update outside of iTunes with a custom created ipsw (Firmware/Operating System) using the Pwnage Tool on the Mac.

Give me more details on what you're looking for, maybe I can help.

vicx52o

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
AT&T will auto-detect that you're using an iPhone under your blackberry plan and automatically switch you over, billing wise.

If you upgrade to 3.1.2, you need to make some choices. Like if you want to REMAIN able to unlock your phone to any GSM network other that AT&T. If you upgrade through iTunes, your iPhone will function perfectly, however you will lose your ability to go to other networks.

If you DO want to keep your ability to go to other GSM carriers, you can update outside of iTunes with a custom created ipsw (Firmware/Operating System) using the Pwnage Tool on the Mac.

Give me more details on what you're looking for, maybe I can help.

Well I've been using my iphone for roughly a little over a month and I have not seen any changes made billing wise. AT&T has not changed my plan to an iPhone plan as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77