hacktivating a 3.0 3gs

RolandX

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
hello. i got me a 3gs with 3.0, its unlocked and JBed, but not activated with itunes, which tells me the SIM carrier is not supported. how do i fix that?

Thank you

arsarcanum4

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
From what I hear, your baseband got messed up, since there is not yet a hack to make a 3GS into 3.0 without messing up your iPhone's baseband, meaning you SIM carrier wouldn't be supported

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
It theorhetically SHOULD work, as long as you create the ipsw in Pwnage Tool, select advanced, and check the "Activate" box. That's what will hacktivate your phone.

Then, simply take the Pwnage Tool created, custom ipsw, run it in iTunes and eveything should be working beautifully.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
What you need to do is Re-JB with pwnage tool. When you are in the General settings where it asks "Activate Phone" make sure you have a check mark. Then follow all the other steps. I usually increase the space on the first page to 1024 I've heard of people experiencing problems using less space. So do that and Re-JB 3.0 then unlock. Then you can use the pwnage tool again to make a 3.1.2 firmware and upgrade to that custom firmware again just make sure you check that Activate option.

RolandX

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
thank you for the answers :)

idea is i dont know with what it was JBed/unlock. one weird thing that i experienced was last night when i installed ultrasn0w from cidya, just to see what it does and what it did was make my phone go ...search...(carrierwise) and stay there.
so i had to remove it and after reboot, everything was fine again ... what if pwning+unlocking it again will do same thing? :S

ReJB'ing to 3.0 as you said wouldnt solve my activation problem without going to 3.1? because i dont really want 3.1 or 3.1.2, i just want to be able to use my phone with itunes.(and just to get things straight, hacktivating means itunes will recognise it, right?)

Thank you

Last edited: