OK so im in a big unlocking issue

tmartz#AC

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Okay so nobodys helped me so far. I really need help. I have my phone running softwear 2.2.1 and firmware 2.30.03. So ive been trying to unlcok this and have came down to it that its impossible so far. I need to get this unlocked what can i do please somebody help me out. I really want this phone unlcoked its the 8gb iphone 3g

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
W'ed probably need more info then what you're giving here, like what unlock are you using, for what company you trying to unlock for, etc....i mean youre just asking for help with no specifics, a little more and people might be able to help.

tmartz#AC

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Oh sorry im trying to unlock it for tmobile, also it doesnt matter what unlock just any unlock threw cydia i just need it unlocked i tryed yellowsn0w but it did not work

civickrazy78

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Just Update Your Software To 3.0 And Then Proceed To Do A Jailbreak And Unlock Via The Dev Team...***do Not Update Without Downloading The Custom Ipsw Files From The Dev Team**** Because If You Just Update It Through Itunes It Will Download The 3.1 Version Which Cannot Be Unlocked

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Civik - don't you understand that he can't upgrade to 3.0? APPLE stopped signing the files - so when he goes to restore through iTunes to his downloaded 3.0 ipsw, it will not fully install. Throughout the upgrade process, iTunes sends a ping out to Apple's servers asking them if they'll sign the files, i.e. 'authenticating' them.

Apple has stoppe signing EVERY FIRMWARE other than their current 3.1.2. So while he's restoring, iTunes will sen outthise pings, Apple will NOT sign it, the installation will fail, and he'll have a phone stuck in emergency mode.

Then, to get it working, he would have to officially upgrade to 3.1.2 through iTunes, and break his ability to unlock, maybe forever.

I'm not making this **** up man. Do some research.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Tmartz, I think I can help.

FIRST, go into Cydia and download a package called "AptBackup".

Then, open the program, read the paragraph, and then click "Backup".

Now, sync your iPhone to iTunes. Make sure that iTunes creates a backup while it's syncing.

Then PM me. I'll see what I can do about helping.

essam77

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
how are you people my phone 16g firmware 3.1.2 accediently updated by itunes i need only to jailbreak it but blackra1n didnt work because i tried it 20 times but every time the cable appear on the screen to connect it to itunes and itunes open and want to recover and restore can any one help because i need to jailbreak and doesnt matter to unlock , as far as i know my iphone offecialy unlocked.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yesterday while I was on the forum I noticed someone posted links to I beleive custom firmware try to find the thread I beleive the poster was toothemobile. Post a question to ensure they are custom files and I beleive the are fragmented so you will have to ask what prog to use to put them back together. If you don't find help there PM me.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2