Still on 3.0, is it worth it to even upgrade to 3.1 yet if I want to JB?

DaPeeps

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Check in cydia and see if saurik is still pulling the files, I did mine a while ago, but earlier this week there was a popup in cydia after I upgraded it.

Not exactly sure what that means. In Cydia...I do see a message about certain users that elected to have Cydia store our hashes, and when I open Cydia, there is a message at the very top that says "This iPhone 3G has an ECID SHSH on file."

Does that mean I can get this info from Saurik, rather than using the tools that the DevTeam put out?

Sorry for asking so many questions...just want to make sure I have all my options and facts straight.

And thanks again for any help!

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Yes, you should be good, in the next couple of days he will post instructions on retrieving those files, at least that is what he twitted today.

To be safe, I would capture them myself, during a DFU restore. You should be able to do it with the 3.0.1 restore.

DaPeeps

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes, you should be good, in the next couple of days he will post instructions on retrieving those files, at least that is what he twitted today.

To be safe, I would capture them myself, during a DFU restore. You should be able to do it with the 3.0.1 restore.

Yah I am starting to think I should do it just to be safe. I will be PISSED if I cant JB in the future.

Just for clarification, by doing the DFU restore via iTunes as described in the guides, I will lose my current jailbreak, and will need to re-jailbreak and re-setup all customizations again...correct? There is no way to, for lack of better words....backup the jailbroken info, and restore it again once the process is complete?

Also, should i NOT use Itunes 9 to do the restore?

DaPeeps

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Damn, I'm not sure you can do it in any version of iTunes. Apple stopped signing 3.0 and 3.0.1 yesterday.

well I think I will just use the usbview tool to get the two files....and just wait and see what happens

Thanks again for the help!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2