Paid jailbreak apps...When an update comes, how do you get them back?

Larzo#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
As the title asks, would there be a way to get paid jailbreak apps back when 3.1 comes out? I'm thinking of buying gpSphone but I'm not trying to shell out 6 bills for it to be deleted in a month or so.

cmatt

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Hi. I'm brand new to this forum and want to say hi to you all. I'll second Larzo's question since one of the first things I did with my 3GS is jailbreak it and I have added many cool apps from Cydia, including one or two that I paid for, which I don't want to lose when 3.1 comes out. Also, does anyone know if a new jailbreak app will be required for 3.1?

buddhatech

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
There is an app on Cydia called AptBackup that should work. It backs up a list of the apps you've installed from Cydia and stores it with other settings files that are backed up on iTunes.

There is supposed to be a jailbreak for 3.1 in beta right now.

Larzo#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
There is an app on Cydia called AptBackup that should work. It backs up a list of the apps you've installed from Cydia and stores it with other settings files that are backed up on iTunes.

There is supposed to be a jailbreak for 3.1 in beta right now.

Yeah I just recently got AptBackup. A couple questions about that:

1. Will it back up settings for the apps as well? (i.e- SBSettings preferences, etc.)

2. My main concern is apps from Installous (Actual apps), can those apps be backed up as well? And if so, is there any way to back up their data so high scores and save states arent deleted?

Thanks for the info

buddhatech

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I just recently got AptBackup. A couple questions about that:

1. Will it back up settings for the apps as well? (i.e- SBSettings preferences, etc.)

2. My main concern is apps from Installous (Actual apps), can those apps be backed up as well? And if so, is there any way to back up their data so high scores and save states arent deleted?

Thanks for the info

Unfortunately, you're out of luck. AptBackup will keep you from having to pay for apps twice, but not from having to restore all your app settings (as far as I can tell...I'm hoping that someone one here will prove me wrong)

alvink83

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
When there is an update, I think you can just install it and do not need to pay it again. The jailbroken paid apps will look for the iPhone serial number. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers~~~

Larzo#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
What about ways to saving apps gotten via installous? I can put those apps in a folder, but in terms of save data, am I out of luck as buddhatech says?

chrstphr.ross

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
If iTunes doesn't back up those settings, you could look into a program called Chronus that will backup all settings and data. You should be able to find it in Cydia.

Note. Using Installous is taking money out of developers pockets and is highly looked down upon in these forums. This isn't like music where you're really pulling from giant record labels, it's typically actual developers that spend their personal time in making these apps available.

With that said, Chronus should be able to help you out.

only1jonarius

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
if I u PAID for the app it can automatically know ur phones ID shen downloaded again.Therefore u do NOT have 2 repay. read the apps details it explains this stuff.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77