I noticed while jailbreaking that there are messages saying verifying restore with Apple servers. Anyone know what that is all about and how that can impact jailbreaking?
    07-22-2009 09:10 AM
    What were you jailbreaking with redsn0w?
    07-22-2009 09:10 AM
    I think that is part of the restore process only and not part of the jailbreak process. This shouldn't be an issue as long as you use the correct supported jailbreak/unlock tools for your firmware.
    07-22-2009 04:31 PM
    What were you jailbreaking with redsn0w?
    Yes but this happens whenever I do a restore whether I'm jailbreaking or not.
    Makes me feel like Big Brother is hot on my tail.
    07-22-2009 05:40 PM
    I think that is part of the restore process only and not part of the jailbreak process. This shouldn't be an issue as long as you use the correct supported jailbreak/unlock tools for your firmware.
    Makes me think they are keeping tabs on me and trying to figure out if I'm jailbreaking. It truly wierds me out.
    07-22-2009 05:41 PM
    Makes me think they are keeping tabs on me and trying to figure out if I'm jailbreaking. It truly wierds me out.
    I don't think that is what they are doing. What it could be is verifying that the download is complete so you don't brick the phone. If you install a custom firmware (which I have in the past), I do not see this message.
    07-22-2009 05:44 PM
    I don't think that is what they are doing. What it could be is verifying that the download is complete so you don't brick the phone. If you install a custom firmware (which I have in the past), I do not see this message.
    Good to know. Thanks.
    07-22-2009 07:33 PM
    Isnt this the whole reason you need to save the ibec/ibss? So in the future, when apple verifies a restore it won't know its jailbroken?
    07-22-2009 08:51 PM
    Isnt this the whole reason you need to save the ibec/ibss? So in the future, when apple verifies a restore it won't know its jailbroken?
    Apple cannot check to see if your iPhone is jailbroken though iTunes.
    07-22-2009 08:58 PM
    Thanks I also wondered what this was. Never worried about it though
    07-23-2009 01:08 AM
    Apple cannot check to see if your iPhone is jailbroken though iTunes.
    Currently. If I am understanding it correctly, apple WILL be able to tell on 3.1 if you have the correct IBSS/IBEC files and therefore this is why you need to save them NOW before you go to 3.1
    07-23-2009 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD