Verifying Restore with Apple servers...What is that?

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I noticed while jailbreaking that there are messages saying verifying restore with Apple servers. Anyone know what that is all about and how that can impact jailbreaking?

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I think that is part of the restore process only and not part of the jailbreak process. This shouldn't be an issue as long as you use the correct supported jailbreak/unlock tools for your firmware.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think that is part of the restore process only and not part of the jailbreak process. This shouldn't be an issue as long as you use the correct supported jailbreak/unlock tools for your firmware.

Makes me think they are keeping tabs on me and trying to figure out if I'm jailbreaking. It truly wierds me out.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Makes me think they are keeping tabs on me and trying to figure out if I'm jailbreaking. It truly wierds me out.

I don't think that is what they are doing. What it could be is verifying that the download is complete so you don't brick the phone. If you install a custom firmware (which I have in the past), I do not see this message.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't think that is what they are doing. What it could be is verifying that the download is complete so you don't brick the phone. If you install a custom firmware (which I have in the past), I do not see this message.

Good to know. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2