MY phones locked up help PLZ(((

TA-Man

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
HEllo im new to this site just wondering i have a 3g iphone that was jailbroke already loged into itunes did the upgrade to 3.0 locked my phone up im a t-moblie person need help to unlock phone and restore it back to the 2.2 or what ever it was plz help )))

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
You should restore your iPhone to 3.0 and set it up as a new phone. Upgrading a jailbroken iPhone will result in you losing 500MB of disk space due to how the JB process moves files around.

I'd recommend using redsn0w to jailbreak your iPhone, regardless if you're a Mac or Windows user. If you're a Windows user, you will need to know where your firmware image is.

If you're using Windows XP, you can find the firmware in

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

If you're using Windows Vista, look in

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

After you have jailbroken your iPhone, launch Cydia and add repo666.ultrasn0w.com as a repository. From there, you can install ultrasn0w, which will unlock your iPhone. Just make sure to go into settings and disable 3G... t-mobile 3G is not compatible with the iPhone 3G chipset.

TA-Man

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
phone locked up plz help

THank u so much matt i got the phone jailbroke like u told me put my sim card back in the phone and im getting no signal or internet cant call or anything can u help me out with this plz?

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
THank u so much matt i got the phone jailbroke like u told me put my sim card back in the phone and im getting no signal or internet cant call or anything can u help me out with this plz?

Did you also follow this step?

After you have jailbroken your iPhone, launch Cydia and add repo666.ultrasn0w.com as a repository. From there, you can install ultrasn0w, which will unlock your iPhone. Just make sure to go into settings and disable 3G... t-mobile 3G is not compatible with the iPhone 3G chipset.

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
I'd recommend turning it back on and finding some free wifi. If you're not sure where to get free wifi, look here. Until you install ultrasn0w, you're pretty much stuck with an ipod touch.

Look at the bright side -- your iPhone isn't frozen anymore. If your upgrade had gone OK, you still wouldn't have a signal since the baseband was upgraded. At least now, you've freed up the lost 500MB of disk space, prevented other bugs/sluggishness caused from upgrading a jailbroken phone, and... well... it's not frozen.

Just remember to disable 3G!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2