I follow all the steps in step by step guide. when it goes to have you hold the power button i do all that and then it says it will begin installing on your phone mine never starts to install. im using a new macbook pro and iphone 3g ATT 2.2.1 any suggestions?
    02-16-2009 12:21 PM
    That is the DFU Mode bug found in the latest update of the Mac OS X. There are a few ways around it. Easiest way being using a Hub. For more information check out the Dev Teams blog.

As noted previously OS X 10.5.6 introduced a bug that affected the use of DFU mode. with some Macs. There have been previously published hacks and techniques to fix this, but here is another method that can be used to temporarily restore DFU functionality in order to use QuickPwn or PwnageTool.

You will need an account with ADC (Apple Developer Connection) this is free and takes a few minutes to sign up, you should read the terms and conditions carefully and you should only sign up if you are thinking of developing applications in the future - Apple Developer Connection - Mac Dev Center
    Download the disk image IOUSBFamily-315.4-log.dmg for Mac OS X 10.5.5 Build 9F33 (yes, that is a 5 in 10.5.5 - this is a developer debug package of the USB kernel extension).
    Unplug non-vital USB equipment, such as external DVD writers, USB scanners, USB mass storage devices, at the most leave a Keyboard and Mouse connected.
    Install IOUSBFamily-315.4.1.pkg from within the disk image
    Reboot your system!
    Perform necessary DFU activity with QuickPwn or PwnageTool.
    Download the disk image IOUSBFamily-327.4.0-log.dmg for Mac OS X 10.5.6 Build 9G55
    Intall IOUSBFamily-327.4.0.pkg from within the disk image
    Reboot your system!
    Reattach your USB peripherals.
    02-16-2009 12:40 PM
    alright cool thanks i think i may try it on another computer first
    02-16-2009 02:32 PM
    alright cool thanks i think i may try it on another computer first
    That is your best bet, preferably a Windows machine. Ironic eh?
    02-16-2009 07:45 PM
    I ran in to this issue as well. I used the ADC method.
    02-16-2009 09:14 PM
    That is the DFU Mode bug found in the latest update of the Mac OS X. There are a few ways around it. Easiest way being using a Hub. For more information check out the Dev Teams blog.

As noted previously OS X 10.5.6 introduced a bug that affected the use of DFU mode. with some Macs. There have been previously published hacks and techniques to fix this, but here is another method that can be used to temporarily restore DFU functionality in order to use QuickPwn or PwnageTool.

You will need an account with ADC (Apple Developer Connection) this is free and takes a few minutes to sign up, you should read the terms and conditions carefully and you should only sign up if you are thinking of developing applications in the future - Apple Developer Connection - Mac Dev Center
    Download the disk image IOUSBFamily-315.4-log.dmg for Mac OS X 10.5.5 Build 9F33 (yes, that is a 5 in 10.5.5 - this is a developer debug package of the USB kernel extension).
    Unplug non-vital USB equipment, such as external DVD writers, USB scanners, USB mass storage devices, at the most leave a Keyboard and Mouse connected.
    Install IOUSBFamily-315.4.1.pkg from within the disk image
    Reboot your system!
    Perform necessary DFU activity with QuickPwn or PwnageTool.
    Download the disk image IOUSBFamily-327.4.0-log.dmg for Mac OS X 10.5.6 Build 9G55
    Intall IOUSBFamily-327.4.0.pkg from within the disk image
    Reboot your system!
    Reattach your USB peripherals.
    haha I has to read that twice to understand it. I guess I am slow today.
    02-16-2009 11:37 PM
    haha I has to read that twice to understand it. I guess I am slow today.
    It's pretty complicated for something so simple. I just used my Windows machine. First time it was turned on since I got my Mac.
    02-17-2009 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD