Problems?

ericg1840

Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
I follow all the steps in step by step guide. when it goes to have you hold the power button i do all that and then it says it will begin installing on your phone mine never starts to install. im using a new macbook pro and iphone 3g ATT 2.2.1 any suggestions?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
That is the DFU Mode bug found in the latest update of the Mac OS X. There are a few ways around it. Easiest way being using a Hub. For more information check out the Dev Teams blog.

As noted previously OS X 10.5.6 introduced a bug that affected the use of DFU mode. with some Macs. There have been previously published hacks and techniques to fix this, but here is another method that can be used to temporarily restore DFU functionality in order to use QuickPwn or PwnageTool.

You will need an account with ADC (Apple Developer Connection) this is free and takes a few minutes to sign up, you should read the terms and conditions carefully and you should only sign up if you are thinking of developing applications in the future - Apple Developer Connection - Mac Dev Center
Download the disk image ?IOUSBFamily-315.4-log.dmg? for Mac OS X 10.5.5 Build 9F33? (yes, that is a ?5? in 10.5.5 - this is a developer debug package of the USB kernel extension).
Unplug non-vital USB equipment, such as external DVD writers, USB scanners, USB mass storage devices, at the most leave a Keyboard and Mouse connected.
Install IOUSBFamily-315.4.1.pkg from within the disk image
Reboot your system!
Perform necessary DFU activity with QuickPwn or PwnageTool.
Download the disk image ?IOUSBFamily-327.4.0-log.dmg? for Mac OS X 10.5.6 Build 9G55?
Intall IOUSBFamily-327.4.0.pkg from within the disk image
Reboot your system!
Reattach your USB peripherals.

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
That is the DFU Mode bug found in the latest update of the Mac OS X. There are a few ways around it. Easiest way being using a Hub. For more information check out the Dev Teams blog.

As noted previously OS X 10.5.6 introduced a bug that affected the use of DFU mode. with some Macs. There have been previously published hacks and techniques to fix this, but here is another method that can be used to temporarily restore DFU functionality in order to use QuickPwn or PwnageTool.

You will need an account with ADC (Apple Developer Connection) this is free and takes a few minutes to sign up, you should read the terms and conditions carefully and you should only sign up if you are thinking of developing applications in the future - Apple Developer Connection - Mac Dev Center
Download the disk image ?IOUSBFamily-315.4-log.dmg? for Mac OS X 10.5.5 Build 9F33? (yes, that is a ?5? in 10.5.5 - this is a developer debug package of the USB kernel extension).
Unplug non-vital USB equipment, such as external DVD writers, USB scanners, USB mass storage devices, at the most leave a Keyboard and Mouse connected.
Install IOUSBFamily-315.4.1.pkg from within the disk image
Reboot your system!
Perform necessary DFU activity with QuickPwn or PwnageTool.
Download the disk image ?IOUSBFamily-327.4.0-log.dmg? for Mac OS X 10.5.6 Build 9G55?
Intall IOUSBFamily-327.4.0.pkg from within the disk image
Reboot your system!
Reattach your USB peripherals.

:confused: haha I has to read that twice to understand it. I guess I am slow today.