Issues with Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad 2 Gestures (3 finger swipes) for iPad Pro 12.9 3rd Gen

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Hello!

I am having a few issues with the system wide gestures using either my new Magic Keyboard or my Magic TrackPad 2. Specifically, it is the "Additional Gestures" like 3 finger swipe to go home and 3 finger swipe to switch apps. I am not seeing issues with the 2 finger swipes for scrolling. See the Additional Gestures section From this page: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/ipad/ipad66ce6358/ipados.

I have a 3rd generation iPad Pro 12.9 running iOS 13.4.1, though I noticed the issue using my Magic TrackPad 2 on iOS 13.4 as well.

I have tried restarting iPad via the Volume Up, Down, then hold the Power Button until it resets. I have tried force closing all apps.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

I am having a few issues with the system wide gestures using either my new Magic Keyboard or my Magic TrackPad 2. Specifically, it is the "Additional Gestures" like 3 finger swipe to go home and 3 finger swipe to switch apps. I am not seeing issues with the 2 finger swipes for scrolling. See the Additional Gestures section From this page: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/ipad/ipad66ce6358/ipados.

I have a 3rd generation iPad Pro 12.9 running iOS 13.4.1, though I noticed the issue using my Magic TrackPad 2 on iOS 13.4 as well.

I have tried restarting iPad via the Volume Up, Down, then hold the Power Button until it resets. I have tried force closing all apps.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

I'm literally on my original series 9.7-inch iPad Pro with an Apple TrackPad 2 connected via Bluetooth. The iPadOS version is 13.4.1. I also have several app open. With that being said, if I choose one of the open apps and then swipe up with 3 fingers, I go directly to the home screen and the open app is longer in view. If I now swipe up with 3 fingers, I see the app switcher displaying the apps I have open and if I swipe up again with 3 fingers, I'm back at the home screen. To the best of my knowledge, that's normal behavior.

What exactly is happening when you do it?

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I reached out to Apple. For the 3 finger swipes, I had to re-enable “Gestures” via Settings > Home Screen & Dock > Multitasking. I turned it off for some app a while ago and enabling this fixed the issue I was seeing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh