Firmware 2.2 + Jailbreak Questionx

w333zy1

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
` Hey everyone, just got a question about my iphone.

Firstly i bought it a week ago, so i quickly updated it to version 2.2 then i jailbroke it via iphonehacks.com

My question goes for the apps, i see alot of apps on youtube with custom name instead of their providers name. I believe its called make it mine

Also getting free apps from the app store, i think its with installus.

My other question is why do you have to get new sources? is this because new sources means new apps?

One more thing is what are some good apps to have with my new firmware, i cant seem to find alot of apps my friend has ( landscape text messaging )

Any help will be great. Thanks alot

**Forgot to mention i am going on vacation over sea's in a few weeks, i would like to use the sim cards they have there.

can i still unlock my phone, and keep my jailbreak or do i have to restore and do the unlocking first??

Thanks once again

Last edited:

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm going to answer the questions that I want to answer. :D
` Hey everyone, just got a question about my iphone.

Firstly i bought it a week ago, so i quickly updated it to version 2.2 then i jailbroke it via iphonehacks.com

My question goes for the apps, i see alot of apps on youtube with custom name instead of their providers name. I believe its called make it mine

MakeItMine. Find it on Cydia. Will change the carrier name to whatever you like and also replace the time banner with text if you'd like.

Also getting free apps from the app store, i think its with installus.

No comment.

My other question is why do you have to get new sources? is this because new sources means new apps?

Exactly. Different apps come from various sources.

One more thing is what are some good apps to have with my new firmware, i cant seem to find alot of apps my friend has ( landscape text messaging )

Best for landscape text is BiteSMS.

Any help will be great. Thanks alot

**Forgot to mention i am going on vacation over sea's in a few weeks, i would like to use the sim cards they have there.

can i still unlock my phone, and keep my jailbreak or do i have to restore and do the unlocking first??

Redo. Restore. Jailbreak and Unlock. Be Happy :)

Thanks once again