Quick Questions :)

adamgoodie

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
Im about to jailbreak my iphone but im new to this sort of stuff so i have a few questions...

1 - If for any reason i wanted to go back to plain 2.2, how would i do it?

2 - I have new itunes and 2.2 iphone 3g. i do not want to unlock, just jailbreak, is quickpwn the right tool?

3 - how do i make a backup file (if possible) of my iphone before its jailbroken just to be safe ?

any other tips for new jailbreak noob haha

thanks for your help,

- adam

adamgoodie

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
thats great thanks :)

but i stil have a question, where do i get the ispw for 2.2 iphone 3g? also what is this firmware doing? is this the jailbroken firmware?

thanks

EmEuS

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
if you want to restore just go in itunes and click the restore button...all there is to it.

All you have to do is select the firmware you have (2.2) in qpwn. it will do the rest. You will still have the 2.2 firmware...just on steroids :)

adamgoodie

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
ok everyone everythings fine haha
i just plugged and replugged in itunes a few times (after itunes crashing) all is good now
thanks for you help :D

EmEuS

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
ok everyone everythings fine haha
i just plugged and replugged in itunes a few times (after itunes crashing) all is good now
thanks for you help :D

Sorry just now read your messages. Glad everything worked out for you.

Now say aloud: " I NOW have an iphone" :D

Welcome to the party!

shwy

Oct 5, 2008
Visit site
thats great thanks :)

but i stil have a question, where do i get the ispw for 2.2 iphone 3g? also what is this firmware doing? is this the jailbroken firmware?

thanks

I had something weird happen with my IPSW when I did it. I quickpwned my dad's on 2.1 (using quickpwn 2.1) and had to find the IPSW. Quickpwned my new one on 2.2 (using quickpwn 2.2.1 I think) and on the part where you select your IPSW it was already there and approved, I didn't get it online or anything. I found that strange but it did it perfectly and it's perfectly jailbroken.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
I had something weird happen with my IPSW when I did it. I quickpwned my dad's on 2.1 (using quickpwn 2.1) and had to find the IPSW. Quickpwned my new one on 2.2 (using quickpwn 2.2.1 I think) and on the part where you select your IPSW it was already there and approved, I didn't get it online or anything. I found that strange but it did it perfectly and it's perfectly jailbroken.

QuickPWN will detect the firmware automatically if that firmware version had been downloaded with iTunes previously (during the process of firmware upgrade). When I JB my iPhone, I did not need to download any firmware since it was already on my PC and QuickPWN just detected it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2