Jailbreak 2.2 Help Needed - Please

wam11167

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I was running fw2.1 and had jailbroken my iPhone and everything was working fine.

I decided I wanted to update to fw2.2 to try the new features. After I upgraded, I used QuickPwn2.2 to jailbreak once again. After the jailbreak everything looked like it was going to work fine, but my phone it stuck in a continuous reboot loop.

I went into Recovery Mode and chose to 'Restore from Backup.' Everything restored fine and then I went to jailbreak again, but with the same outcome. A continuous reboot loop. I recovered again, but this time chose to set it up as a new phone.

When I tried to jailbreak afterwards the continuous reboot loop started again.

Does anyone know how I could jailbreak my fw2.2 phone . . . . . I can't seem to do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Walter

nickels

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
I had the same problem. I had to restore my iPhone in iTunes, then when it was restored and rebooted the jailbreak finally worked and I got past the reboot loop. Since you already restored and it didn't work maybe you should try downloading the files from a different source and try again with the new files.

wam11167

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
Thanks . . . . will try a couple of things

Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately I don't have a Mac so that won't work for me.

I think my problem is that after I did the 'new' iPhone recovery, I synched all my apps BEFORE trying to jailbreak.

I plant to get back into recovery mode, install as a 'new' iPhone and then jailbreak before installing ANY 3rd party apps.

I will let you know the outcome.

Thanks,

Walter

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
You're on the right track.

The reset loop is being caused by all the APP STORE apps.

Once you restore and don't sync anything you'll be able to JB no problem.

wam11167

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
Finally Working

Thanks for all the help guys. After I recovered as a 'new' phone and BEFORE re-installed any 3rd party apps I tried to jailbreak and it worked fine.

I then installed the apps I wanted and I'm good to go.

Weird problem, though.

Thanks Again,

Walter

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77