iPhone Encryption password - Headache

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
i have never set password for restriction or encryption backup even tried to change password (remembered for sure) before taking backup but hard luck its not working, attempt all remember and number of passwords but hard luck, is any tool or software that make it possible to recover. request for you help.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
i have never set password for restriction or encryption backup even tried to change password (remembered for sure) before taking backup but hard luck its not working, attempt all remember and number of passwords but hard luck, is any tool or software that make it possible to recover. request for you help.

What I did to remember a encryption password that I did not think I set for one of my backups was to check the list of passwords that I used for every device. Eventually I found the right password.

There are recovery tools out there. I never had any luck with those. Those were verrrry slow.

That is when I decided to use every password I used for ITunes Backups.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
That’s rough, I think we’ve all been in that forgotten password territory at one time or another.

The only advice I can give is to be methodical, type out or write down every password attempt. It can get so frustrating that users tend to start shooting quickly typed and retyped passwords without being certain every one/combination was tried. When you try a password (and write it down) consider if you have any tendency to use a substitute. Use upper case at a beginning or end where you think you used lower case and vice versa.
I can’t recommend any cracks. I’ve heard of ones where you provide a list of what passwords you have previously used and it’ll work outward from that list. But unfortunately if you are precautious and used a 10 or more upper/lower/special character fairly unique password? The chances are poor that a crack would work. The combination possibilities are just too astronomical.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Start using Bit Warden. It’s free for single home user or two person enterprise user. Wife and I use two person enterprise so when one of us takes the journey to the Great Beyond, the other can still access their stuff.

Also stop doing backups. Use other services to keep copies/sync data. Always set up devices as new. Gives you an opportunity to rid yourself of junk apps that you never use, and review device settings. Besides, if you reset a device because of sluggish performance, what good is it to restore from a backup ?

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I never could figure out why can’t iTunes provide a recovery option like web page sign in do? Even banks offer a recovery method.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
There is a significant difference between a service that has financial-social media etc on a remote server versus a backup that contains personal information, highly ‘personal’ information, extremely personal information which may include roadmap for every financial account or matter you’re involved with. A secure side network device’s backup having a security breach is wayyyy beyond someone accessing you bank’s checking account on a remote server.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Banks have a good amount of personal information. As well as access to one’s bank account if the persons bank account password is figured out and/or changed.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
It is highely likely that your bank-issued authentication token for their mobile app is stored in your iPhone-encrypted backup.

I've been trying to think how Apple could provide a recovery option, considering that having two "passwords" (your normal backup password, and its recovery method) make it twice as vulnerable - understand, you have two passwords that you can get to unlock it.

It is really a trade-off between security and convenience.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2