Delete iTunes

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Since I can not remember my password for my encrypted back up on my iPad 4. Is I were to delete iTunes from my computer and then reinstall iTunes. Would I be able to backup my iPad using encryption and set to a new password?

I put in every password that I had ever used and none of them worked.

I contacted Apple on this idea. In the photograph the representative wrote this would work.

I used Iobit uninstalled and scanned for all files iTunes installed on computer including any device information. For that I used the powerful scan option.
IMG_1470028032.461917.jpg

Last edited:

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I deleted all of my backups. Then when I hooked both my iPad Pro last night then my iPad 4 today. I saw the indication on iTunes the devices have never been synced/backed up to this iPad. So that seems promising. I will restore from backup later on and see if I am asked to set up a password for the first time. Will let yas know. I will do this first with my iPhone 4 to see what happens. I deleted my backups manually by locating them by searching using this search %appdata%. Need to use the percent symbols to get to the correct directory to find the backups.

Could not delete from within iTunes. Backups would not delete.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2