How do I add the SD version of a movie to my iPhone 6 if I have both SD and HD versions?

tportnay

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been searching all over the internet and can't seem to find the answer. I have downloaded both HD and SD versions of a movie to my iTunes account on my Mac. To try and conserve space on my iPhone 6 I am trying to add the SD version of the movie to my phone but I can't seem to do it. iTunes automatically sending the HD version to my phone. Thanks in advance

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been searching all over the internet and can't seem to find the answer. I have downloaded both HD and SD versions of a movie to my iTunes account on my Mac. To try and conserve space on my iPhone 6 I am trying to add the SD version of the movie to my phone but I can't seem to do it. iTunes automatically sending the HD version to my phone. Thanks in advance

Were the movies purchased via iTunes or were they converted? The easiest way would be to delete the HD version from your iTunes Library leaving only the SD version to transfer.

tportnay

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
The movies were bought via iTunes. I don't know how to delete just the HD version. I guess I could delete both and then re download just the SD version. But I can't believe there is not a way to do it. What if I want to have downloaded the HD version to watch on my retina MacBook but want to only watch the SD version on my iPhone to conserve space?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried drilling down to the file and changing the actual file of the SD version's name in Finder, then delete and re-add the modified filename to your iTunes library?

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
The movies were bought via iTunes. I don't know how to delete just the HD version. I guess I could delete both and then re download just the SD version. But I can't believe there is not a way to do it. What if I want to have downloaded the HD version to watch on my retina MacBook but want to only watch the SD version on my iPhone to conserve space?

Select the HD version and delete it. It will give you option to delete from iCloud and just select no. It should still show in your library with the cloud icon on it. After then you should be able to move the SD version to your phone.

ѕenт ғroм мy ιpнone 6 υѕιng тapaтalĸ

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2