iTunes 11.0.4 released

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Among fixes noted is a syncing issue switching between wired & wireless syncing and the iTunes store pestering for repeated logins... happy updating.

This version of iTunes comes with several new features and improvements, including:

New MiniPlayer. MiniPlayer now includes a beautiful new view that showcases your album artwork. In addition, a progress bar is now built right into MiniPlayer.

Improved Songs View. You can now enjoy your album artwork while in Songs view.

Multi-Disc Albums. Albums with multiple discs now appear as a single album.

This update fixes a problem that may cause iTunes to quit if you switch between wired and wireless syncing and addresses an issue that may require you to log into the iTunes Store repeatedly.

Last edited:

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I actually just updated to this newest iTunes...I gotta tell ya...I am so lost in there. I can't even find the front page so I can back up my iPhone. I plug my iPhone into my desktop and it doesn't even show my phone like it used to. I really could use some help here please. I posted in the iPhone 4s forum and got nowhere. Please I know you from past posts and I know I can count on you :eyelashes:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I actually just updated to this newest iTunes...I gotta tell ya...I am so lost in there. I can't even find the front page so I can back up my iPhone. I plug my iPhone into my desktop and it doesn't even show my phone like it used to. I really could use some help here please. I posted in the iPhone 4s forum and got nowhere. Please I know you from past posts and I know I can count on you :eyelashes:

The look and feel of iTunes changed with 11.x. However, you can get a lot of the old look back by clicking on the VIEW menu and turning on STATUS BAR, COLUMN BROWSER and SIDE BAR. But in the native look for 11.x, when you connect your iPhone (or any device) it shows up in the upper right side of the headings... just click on it, and you will see a familiar screen. Good luck, and if you need more help, just ask. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-05 at 2.11.31 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 2013-06-05 at 2.11.31 PM.PNG
    141.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2013-06-05 at 2.16.14 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 2013-06-05 at 2.16.14 PM.PNG
    75.6 KB · Views: 57

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
No it didn't look like that at all. I was really having problems with this so I just uninstalled everything and cleaned the my whole computer and rebooted and went iTunes and installed the new version again. Apparently when I went to update it something got corrupted and it never finished or something. So I just wiped it clean and it's all good now. I was able to back it up. But I still don't find it easy to find my phone as you have circled there...I have to hit the devices for my phone to be shown...how can I make it easy like that?

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok Fausty82 I followed your instructions and my pix of my phone is on the left sidebar. I'd like for it to be on the upper right corner...is there a way for me to switch it so its up there?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok Fausty82 I followed your instructions and my pix of my phone is on the left sidebar. I'd like for it to be on the upper right corner...is there a way for me to switch it so its up there?

Turning on the sidebar essentially puts it back where it was prior to 11.x. With the sidebar enabled, it displays connected devices in the sidebar. Turn the sidebar and it should then display devices in the upper/right. At least that’s how it works for me (OS X 10.8.4 w iTunes 11.04).

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry but I'm lost again. I really like your pictorial tutors ;) And I don't quite understand what you mean right here...
. Turn the sidebar and it should then display devices in the upper/right.

Thanks for all the help :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry but I'm lost again. I really like your pictorial tutors ;) And I don't quite understand what you mean right here...

Thanks for all the help :)

You’re welcome... that’s what makes this place so cool... folks helping other folks... :)

If you go back and turn OFF the sidebar (VIEW, HIDE SIDEBAR), you will see your devices where I showed you earlier with the circle. If the sidebar is active, the devices show up under the DEVICES heading in the sidebar. It’s an either/or situation...

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok let me give it a try and see what happens...While I have you hear and you seem very knowledgeable...I have a question I posted about making a new folder for pics. I like to keep my pics organized and in their own folders but why can't I remove them from my camera roll?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok let me give it a try and see what happens...While I have you hear and you seem very knowledgeable...I have a question I posted about making a new folder for pics. I like to keep my pics organized and in their own folders but why can't I remove them from my camera roll?

With regards to photos, you can create new albums and put photos in the new albums... but the albums are basically a "view" of the camera roll. So when you put pictures in an album, iOS 6 creates a pointer (or link) to the original photo that lives in the camera roll. You can remove photos from an album - which simply removes the pointer/link back to the original photo... but if you delete the photo from your camera roll, it’s gone forever, as it’s the only place where the photo is actually stored.

This article may help you understand it a bit better:
iOS 6: Organize Your Camera Roll Photos into Albums | Kinder

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok Fausty82 I got it working...its at the top right corner now...it actually only shows up when I plug my phone into it.

I'm def gonna read that article...but I guess what I don't understand is why have the choice of making folders and putting the pics in them if they have to stay on the camera roll...to me that's dumb...

Thanks for all your wonderful excellent help...I truly appreciate it :*

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2