iTunes Crashes when going to the store...

mattrock2003

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
So all of a sudden my iTunes seems to crash every time I go to the store. I can sometimes bypass it by clicking music and going to a genre. iTunes works fine when I'm working with playlists and when my iphones connected. It's just when connecting to the store. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Not sure what to do or if anyone else is having the same issue.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So all of a sudden my iTunes seems to crash every time I go to the store. I can sometimes bypass it by clicking music and going to a genre. iTunes works fine when I'm working with playlists and when my iphones connected. It's just when connecting to the store. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Not sure what to do or if anyone else is having the same issue.

I personally have not heard of anyone else with this problem as I presume you mean going to the app or music store? I don't know why that would make your iTunes crash. Do you have the latest version installed? Does it crash w/o your iPhone connected? Since you already reinstalled as I would have suggested I would called support to see if they can work you through the issue. There are no problems listed with iTUnes on Apple's status page. All functions are working. Best of luck.

mattrock2003

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, as soon as I click on the iTunes store it will load the home page and then it crashes. I do have the latest version installed (11.0.2) and it still crashes when my iPhone is not attached. It's just so bizarre. It was working perfectly the other day!

dannemil

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Well now you have heard of someone else. After the IOS 7 update every time I click on the Itunes Store app on my iphone 5 it crashes - won't stay open. Immediately shuts down.

LuckieDog

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Me, too! It started last week. I can see it running in the background, but I can't use the app. I am running IOS7 on an Iphone 5. The solution posted above doesn't make sense to me because how am I supposed to "log off" when I can't open it. AND I see no way to log off the app store on my iphone. I have turned my phone off and back on and that didn't help......Any advice would be welcome!

VThokie78

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Go to itunes thru the music app. In your music app there is a button in the top left corner for the store. Click on it and it will take you to itunes. It resets it and you will now be able to open itunes normally. Worked for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2