help with itunes sync

morrow95

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Bare with me as I have not used itunes since 1st gen ipod days...but... I am having some trouble getting this setup. My goal is to have the auto sync between the files on the phone and the files on the pc - that is the goal of the syncing right?

Music I don't seem to have an issue with... I can add files to the library and they go on the phone fine. It is everything else which doesn't seem to fly right. Photos for isntance... I have selected a specific folder on my pc where I wish to keep photos. While I can add photos to the pc and sync them to the phone I cannot do the reverse. For example, I take a picture with the phone shouldnt that picture be synced to my comp then after a 'sync'?

Apps is another one. I install some apps on the phone and the only way to 'save' them on my pc is to use the 'transfer purchases option'... shouldnt sync take care of this so both sides are the same?

Lastly, my contacts. I realize I can do a right click in itunes and use backup... I'm assuming this takes care of my contacts among a few other things, BUT... do I need to manually backup like this every so often? Can it not be automated or everytime the phone is connected?

I'm coming from a BlackBerry where backups were a breeze and no worries to be found... after the first day of the iphone I must say I LOVE it, but would like to get straightened out with the above... or perhaps it is not possible what I am asking?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Photos: they only sync from computer to phone. Save them off the phone and into your sync folders. (Unless something changed in ios 5 that I overlooked.)

Apps: also computer to phone, but you can enable iTunes to automatically download (from the store) any app purchased on the phone, saving you the Transfer Purchases step.

Contacts: Not sure because I use Google for that but I believe iTunes will create a backup whenever you sync.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77