My wife and I ordered new iPhones...a few weeks ago I decided to start the process by making an itunes account. We downloaded over 50 apps, had all my music imported, signed up for a few podcasts, and signed up for ping. Just heard that you can have more than one library. So I created two new libraries, one for me, one for my wife...now everything is gone!! It is a blank iTunes page no apps, no podcasts...nothing. What is the trick to bring up everything back so we can organize our libraries? Please tell me there is a trick.
    02-05-2011 03:46 PM
    you have to just sign in to your account
    02-05-2011 03:49 PM
    My wife and I ordered new iPhones...a few weeks ago I decided to start the process by making an itunes account. We downloaded over 50 apps, had all my music imported, signed up for a few podcasts, and signed up for ping. Just heard that you can have more than one library. So I created two new libraries, one for me, one for my wife...now everything is gone!! It is a blank iTunes page no apps, no podcasts...nothing. What is the trick to bring up everything back so we can organize our libraries? Please tell me there is a trick.
    Your just in the new Library, which is empty, you need to go back to the main Library. No big deal.

If your on a MAC, close Itunes (blue ball underneath is gone, closed), then go to open it, while the icon is bouncing hit and hold the Option button, a screen will pop up that says "choose a Library", select that. Then a new screen will come up with all the librarys you have (main one, called just Itunes), then yours, then your wifes) Choose the one that just says ITUNES.

On a PC im not so sure the steps but if you do a search on itunes libraries you should get it pretty quick!
    Last edited by jmill79; 02-05-2011 at 04:02 PM.
    02-05-2011 03:58 PM
    you have to just sign in to your account
    I wish that's all I had to do
    02-05-2011 04:49 PM
    I wish that's all I had to do
    Um is my post non existant or something??????
    02-05-2011 04:50 PM
    02-05-2011 04:56 PM
    Your just in the new Library, which is empty, you need to go back to the main Library. No big deal.

If your on a MAC, close Itunes (blue ball underneath is gone, closed), then go to open it, while the icon is bouncing hit and hold the Option button, a screen will pop up that says "choose a Library", select that. Then a new screen will come up with all the librarys you have (main one, called just Itunes), then yours, then your wifes) Choose the one that just says ITUNES.

On a PC im not so sure the steps but if you do a search on itunes libraries you should get it pretty quick!
    Dude...read this! Your in the wrong library. You successfully made the new one but have bypassed the steps to import your stuff to each one.

Edit:
    When I say dude read this I mean Dude (op) read what jmill said.
    02-05-2011 05:00 PM

Yes I read this but since I'm still on a PC it wasn't a whole lotta help, Thanks anyway though jmill!
    02-05-2011 05:52 PM
    I just read this one, and many like it... this one in particular will be great as soon as fedex drops off my 2 little one lb packages because it needs the device to be plugged in. But thanks for the link Keith
    02-05-2011 05:57 PM
    I figured it out!! The iTunes' old library was stored in "my Music" not in "iTunes" go figure. But thanks for the help everyone!!
    02-05-2011 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD