Help on using old itunes for new iphone

craigc#IM

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Need some advice guys please.
I currently have a ipod 5gen and have the itunes (latest version) with 5gb worth of songs/videos on the itunes on my laptop. I will be getting my iphone 3gs 16gb in a week or so and ive been told to activate the iphone you have to set it up with the itunes on my computer.

My question is, is it possible for me to use my itunes that im using for my ipod, on the iphone? If so, will the songs on the itunes upload to the iphone when i connect the iphone to my old itunes??? and would in reconigze it??

If this is not possible, would i have to set up a new itunes and transer the songs etc over?

Also, ive been told there is software available on the internet that makes it possible to upload songs that you download on to you iphone itunes, and transer them to the itunes on my computer....and names or advice??

Many thanks!!!

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
My question is, is it possible for me to use my itunes that im using for my ipod, on the iphone?
Yes

If so, will the songs on the itunes upload to the iphone when i connect the iphone to my old itunes??? and would in reconigze it??
You choose what to sync on the phone
Apple - iPhone - Learn how to use all the features of iPhone.

If this is not possible, would i have to set up a new itunes and transer the songs etc over?
There is no such thing as a new itunes. it's setup as a part of your computer profile. you would have to setup a new computer login to do this

Also, ive been told there is software available on the internet that makes it possible to upload songs that you download on to you iphone itunes, and transer them to the itunes on my computer....and names or advice??
you use itunes to do this. it syncs songs to/from your phone

the summary is you sync items just like with your ipod. there's just more you can sync

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2