Moving iTunes from one mac to another for iPod

Watrat

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Good afternoon,
Was wondering if someone could help me out and offer some advice...I have read different forums and web pages but most of the info seems old and not necessarily specific to what I am trying to do. All of iTunes collection is on my first gen macbook...it's old and slow and throwing errors. Basically, I only turn it on now when I buy songs so I can sync them to my iPod classic. Macbook is running snow leopard (can't update further). Now, at my office I have an iMac that I am on all day, everyday. It also runs snow leopard (there is a piece of software I need to use which isn't compatible with the newer os's). Since I am on this all the time I would love the convenience of plugging in my ipod, iphone, ipad whenever something needs to get added. Is there an easy/safe way to move my huge itunes library from my macbook to this imac so that all of my playlists, ratings and such can be right here and I can begin syncing my ipod here?

Thank you for reading

Tom

Watrat

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Thank you..just curious what I over write on new location and if the ipod and other i-devices will work on new imac location.

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You could just merge the two iTunes library folders on the iMac and ensure you have all data from the iPod on the iMac before syncing to the iMac because you will have to overwrite the iPod before syncing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost