water damaged ipod touch 5th generaton. repair info?

kazz20001

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
My ipod touch fell into my bath yesterday not having any case or protector, i quickly took it out and started drying it. i then decided to unlock it and checked if it worked properly and it was. I then left it over night but unfortunately the screen has gone black and doesnt seem to work. The actual ipod still works and i can use it but i cannot see what is happening on the screen so i hav to guess where all the buttons are. all the screen sensors still work too. i am thinking of just changing the LCD and Digitizer but i dont know if this will do enything and id rether not spend money on anything which is guaranteed to not help the ipod at all. Please help.
Thanks,
kazz20001

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You could try to stick the iPod in a bag of uncooked rice for a few days to see if there is left over moisture in it. If that does not work I would recommend bringing it to the Genius bar. You are going to have to buy a digizter and display anyway so you will be spending some money. At least if you are spending money at the Apple store you know you will be leaving with a working device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2