The hospital I work at offered apple watches at a discount and paid for thru payroll deduction. Got my series 2 SS that way. Sold it for a series 4

They are everywhere here. See probably 40-50 daily
    I know what you mean! It’s almost become a hobby to see how many I see when out and about
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-29-2019 07:33 PM
    No blinking lights for me,it used to look like bloody Christmas in my favourite pub in the days when everything had led’s to let you know that your device was turned on, when you got a call or text the things used to go mad !
    I know one( 1 ) person who has an iWatch,who was given it,says it is ok for golf, wears proper watches the rest of the time.
    07-01-2019 04:46 AM
    I don’t miss that from BB days. I am fine with my watch and iPhone
    07-01-2019 09:58 PM
    After having several Berrys I did miss it when I changed to iPhone however its not missed now though it could be useful if you have your device on silent most of the time and you're busy.
    Spencerdl and Just_Me_D like this.
    07-02-2019 06:44 AM
    No blinking lights for me,it used to look like bloody Christmas in my favourite pub in the days when everything had led’s to let you know that your device was turned on, when you got a call or text the things used to go mad !
    I know one( 1 ) person who has an iWatch,who was given it,says it is ok for golf, wears proper watches the rest of the time.
    I doubt I will ever wear an Apple Watch or any other similar “watch”.
    I wear mechanical watches because they.....tell time...and are mechanical marvels. For instance my Zenith El Primero with 268 parts making up the movement. Sometimes it’s good to not be bothered 24/7 with every ridiculous notification every 2 seconds. Life is too short.
    But, hey, that’s just me.
    bakron1 likes this.
    07-02-2019 04:17 PM
    I wear mechanical watches because they.....tell time...and are mechanical marvels. For instance my Zenith El Primero with 268 parts making up the movement. Sometimes it’s good to not be bothered 24/7 with every ridiculous notification every 2 seconds. Life is too short.
    Yeah, I like "old" stuff as well. I sometimes go out to the barn a hook up the ol' Horse and Buggy and take it for a spin...LOL (just kidding).
    07-02-2019 04:49 PM
    Yeah, I like "old" stuff as well. I sometimes go out to the barn a hook up the ol' Horse and Buggy and take it for a spin...LOL (just kidding).
    Haha!
    Yup, old and new both have their place. My phone is new tech and does me just fine. My watches, double edge razors and fountain pens keep me attached to the old. I like to have a balance!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-02-2019 04:54 PM
    In the words of my beloved Barbadian ( Bajan) Mum - " The world will be brought to its knees by new evils " -The evils of which she spoke were ' Chewing Gum, Television, and the Ball Point Pen '...........
    Spencerdl, TgeekB and nikkisharif like this.
    07-02-2019 06:29 PM
    In the words of my beloved Barbadian ( Bajan) Mum - " The world will be brought to its knees by new evils " -The evils of which she spoke were ' Chewing Gum, Television, and the Ball Point Pen '...........
    Your Mum was not wrong.....
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    07-04-2019 11:07 AM
    I also love mechanical watches and I wore a stainless Rolex Submariner for 25 years and bought an all gold model in 2007 when I could finally afford it. But, now that I am heart patient, I have seen the advantages of the newer electronic tech watches.

I can monitor my heartbeat and other health related issues which is a valuable resource to me. I sold my last Rolex and mechanical watch in 2012 and now own a stainless Apple Watch and looking for a ceramic model.

I will always love mechanical watches and have owned a few high end models over the years i.e Rolex, Patek, Audemars, Zenith and a few others. But, now that I am retired, my priorities have changed and the Apple Watch is what I sport on my wrist these days.
    07-10-2019 05:32 AM
    This has been discussed for years. I might have agreed a few years ago. Now I could care less. After getting the first Apple Watch and having a new one every year, a notification LED isn’t necessary. And really, it kind of annoying. I know this isn’t quite the same but I have a friend who has the camera LED flash for every notification and it’s f’ing annoying as heck.
    09-14-2019 07:57 PM
    Although I don’t think it is necessary, I was always hoping they’d add in an led indicator on the outer ring of the home button. Seeing as that went the way of the dodo, there isn’t really any place they’d be able to put it now that would make it look  like.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-16-2019 09:06 AM
    Although I don’t think it is necessary, I was always hoping they’d add in an led indicator on the outer ring of the home button. Seeing as that went the way of the dodo, there isn’t really any place they’d be able to put it now that would make it look  like.
    That would have been really cool!
    09-19-2019 04:25 PM
63 123