Notification LED!!!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Yes it has, but that doesn’t mean things from the past can’t be useful today...

True. I just think the days of needing a blinking red light to notify you during a meeting at work is over. Smartphones have become a part of meetings and are much more acceptable.
I think Samsung or someone has a phone with a notification led, don’t they?

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hence the word options. Don’t want it don’t use it. Simple concept.

Trust me if apple decided to add this feature. And I don’t think they ever will. Posters here would praise it as a wonderful feature.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
True. I just think the days of needing a blinking red light to notify you during a meeting at work is over. Smartphones have become a part of meetings and are much more acceptable.
I think Samsung or someone has a phone with a notification led, don’t they?

Don’t misunderstand me. I don’t need a blinking light on my iPhone and I didn’t need it on my Blackberry, but I did enjoy the benefit of having it. Still, I tend to make use of what I have and I’ve done that with the iPhone.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Don’t misunderstand me. I don’t need a blinking light on my iPhone and I didn’t need it on my Blackberry, but I did enjoy the benefit of having it. Still, I tend to make use of what I have and I’ve done that with the iPhone.

I guess I’m just a proponent of don’t just add stuff to add stuff. That seems to be what Samsung does. If it advances the technology or is very useful, go ahead. Otherwise, leave it alone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess I’m just a proponent of don’t just add stuff to add stuff.
I agree with that and I highly doubt Apple will add a blinking LED on the iPhone, but if they did, I would make use of it.
That seems to be what Samsung does.
I agree, but doing so has proven beneficial to them in terms of sales.
If it advances the technology or is very useful, go ahead. Otherwise, leave it alone.
Well stated!

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Barbados, Eastern Caribbean.... Most 'totally equipped' people are either Tourists or locals who operate in a different sphere than we do....

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The hospital I work at offered apple watches at a discount and paid for thru payroll deduction. Got my series 2 SS that way. Sold it for a series 4

They are everywhere here. See probably 40-50 daily

I know what you mean! It’s almost become a hobby to see how many I see when out and about

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
No blinking lights for me,it used to look like bloody Christmas in my favourite pub in the days when everything had led’s to let you know that your device was turned on, when you got a call or text the things used to go mad !
I know one( 1 ) person who has an iWatch,who was given it,says it is ok for golf, wears proper watches the rest of the time.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
After having several Berrys I did miss it when I changed to iPhone however its not missed now though it could be useful if you have your device on silent most of the time and you're busy.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
No blinking lights for me,it used to look like bloody Christmas in my favourite pub in the days when everything had led’s to let you know that your device was turned on, when you got a call or text the things used to go mad !
I know one( 1 ) person who has an iWatch,who was given it,says it is ok for golf, wears proper watches the rest of the time.

I doubt I will ever wear an Apple Watch or any other similar “watch”.
I wear mechanical watches because they.....tell time...and are mechanical marvels. For instance my Zenith El Primero with 268 parts making up the movement. Sometimes it’s good to not be bothered 24/7 with every ridiculous notification every 2 seconds. Life is too short.
But, hey, that’s just me.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I wear mechanical watches because they.....tell time...and are mechanical marvels. For instance my Zenith El Primero with 268 parts making up the movement. Sometimes it’s good to not be bothered 24/7 with every ridiculous notification every 2 seconds. Life is too short.

Yeah, I like "old" stuff as well. I sometimes go out to the barn a hook up the ol' Horse and Buggy and take it for a spin...LOL (just kidding).

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, I like "old" stuff as well. I sometimes go out to the barn a hook up the ol' Horse and Buggy and take it for a spin...LOL (just kidding).

Haha!
Yup, old and new both have their place. My phone is new tech and does me just fine. My watches, double edge razors and fountain pens keep me attached to the old. I like to have a balance!

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
In the words of my beloved Barbadian ( Bajan) Mum - " The world will be brought to its knees by new evils " -The evils of which she spoke were ' Chewing Gum, Television, and the Ball Point Pen '...........

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

I also love mechanical watches and I wore a stainless Rolex Submariner for 25 years and bought an all gold model in 2007 when I could finally afford it. But, now that I am heart patient, I have seen the advantages of the newer electronic tech watches.

I can monitor my heartbeat and other health related issues which is a valuable resource to me. I sold my last Rolex and mechanical watch in 2012 and now own a stainless Apple Watch and looking for a ceramic model.

I will always love mechanical watches and have owned a few high end models over the years i.e Rolex, Patek, Audemars, Zenith and a few others. But, now that I am retired, my priorities have changed and the Apple Watch is what I sport on my wrist these days.