Photo 'items'

ki4cgs

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I recently set up iCloud Photo Library and got everything synced. Right after I noticed the photo app added 'items' to the total at the bottom. Does anyone know what these items are?

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1444219062.694625.jpg

ki4cgs

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I believe panoramas & slo-mo count as photo and video and I have way more than 8 screenshots. Scrolling through and I'm not sure what wouldn't be counted as photo or video.

ki4cgs

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Gifs might be possible. Although I'm not sure how I could find one to see.

Edit: Saved a gif image through GifIT and the 8 items didn't change. Gifs fall under photos.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Your iPhone might not have everything from the photo library downloaded. I had a similar issue and called apple. They said that that number might not be accurate until all the photos are downloaded to the device or from the device to the cloud. The data transfer is only active while the phone is plugged in and on standby. When my photos all downloaded to my iPhone 6plus the number was again accurate.
Does that make any sense?

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Go to your usage in settings and check how much data you have stored on the device. Compare this number to the actual amount of data that is on iCloud. If these numbers do not match, it is probably because the data hasn't all transferred to the device, or from device to iCloud.....

ki4cgs

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Just checked. The "items" were pdf files that had somehow worked into the photo library. I deleted those on the Mac and the 'items' disappeared on the iPhone.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I really like the iCloud library. I am not crazy about having to pay for iCloud storage, but it is what it is. Hope you got it all figured out. Did you have some pdf files from a scanner app, maybe?

ki4cgs

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I really like the iCloud library. I am not crazy about having to pay for iCloud storage, but it is what it is. Hope you got it all figured out. Did you have some pdf files from a scanner app, maybe?

I do have the 'Genius Scan' app so it's possible they were scanned.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2