Blinking LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
You don't have to watch the phone. And I don't want a carryover from a platform that I've gone past polluting my current platform. Why would I? I left Blackberry because it became meaningless to me. Why would I want my iPhone polluted with BlackBerry features? If the LED were important to me I would not have an iPhone.

Why do you want to impose that which you value onto me and deny me the right to exercise my will as a consumer in choosing a phone that has what I want? I don't want a BlackBerry or a BlackBerry-like device as my daily driver. If I did, my iPhone would not be my daily driver and my chosen platform. Why gives you the right to dictate what I should have when I've said I don't want it and when I have the option of having it elsewhere if it were if value to me?

Want an LED light? Get a BlackBerry or a Samsung. Leave my iPhone alone.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

I'm sorry. Point to where I was imposing or even suggesting you had to like the idea. I do like the idea. Don't like that, tough cookies. The iPhone would benefit from it. I don't care where it came from it is a useful feature. I disagree with you. You disagree with me, that's cool. I am all for the iPhone advancing. The watch to me is a step back because it over complicates my life not make it easier. The led would simplify things in my opinion. I remember reading these forums and people saying 3rd party keyboards were not necessary on an iPhone and 4 in. is the perfect size screen. Well guess what they 3rd party keyboards are available now and have been adopted by many iphone users and the screens are growing. The 3rd party keyboards were the biggest reason I switched from Android. But an led would be icing on the cake.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't want a blinking light on my phone. That would annoy me. I had one on my dumb LG Chocolate 3, and I kept looking at it. It drove me bonkers. Don't they have lightning cables with blinking lights?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
A blinky light is NOT improvemet or advancement...it's a huge back-slide to make the iPhone more like other phones when it needs to be DIFFERENT from all those other phones...

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
A blinky light is NOT improvemet or advancement...it's a huge back-slide to make the iPhone more like other phones when it needs to be DIFFERENT from all those other phones...

That's funny. Because all the recent changes to the iPhone have made it more like all those phones.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry. Point to where I was imposing or even suggesting you had to like the idea. I do like the idea. Don't like that, tough cookies. The iPhone would benefit from it. I don't care where it came from it is a useful feature. I disagree with you. You disagree with me, that's cool. I am all for the iPhone advancing. The watch to me is a step back because it over complicates my life not make it easier. The led would simplify things in my opinion. I remember reading these forums and people saying 3rd party keyboards were not necessary on an iPhone and 4 in. is the perfect size screen. Well guess what they 3rd party keyboards are available now and have been adopted by many iphone users and the screens are growing. The 3rd party keyboards were the biggest reason I switched from Android. But an led would be icing on the cake.

You ARE imposing when you're demanding something that the majority iPhone users on this thread have said they don't want.

I'm for the iPhone being an iPhone and not trying to be sone troglodyte tech.

Get a BlackBerry.

I'm getting an Apple Watch to go with my iPhone. You don't need to get one. Cool. I don't care.

Choices are like that.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
That's funny. Because all the recent changes to the iPhone have made it more like all those phones.

God save me the day my iPhone becomes like a BkackBerry. Don't want to start pooching android apps or hunting down leaks.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
God save me the day my iPhone becomes like a BkackBerry. Don't want to start pooching android apps or hunting down leaks.

Listen I am not trying to convince you or anyone else. I am just trying to express my opinion that I want one. I don't agree that a notification light is going make an iphone into a blackberry that is silly. And Android apps on a iphone you are not following what I am saying at all. I want one and I am not the only one see here:
http://m.imore.com/what-would-you-change-about-iphone-6-and-iphone-6-plus

Rene is a very very level headed and realist when talking about apple products and a notification light is on his wishlist. My point is apple could do something different with the light. It doesn't have to be a stagnant little blinky light in the corner of the screen like all other phones. What if it was different and beautifully designed. Like built into the ring around the home button. How cool would that look! :)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I would not find it cool at all. I've had enough years of Pavlovuan response to a blinking red light. I don't want it on my iPhone. It's too BlackBerry.
If Tim Cook would say to me wouldn't you like a red blinking light I would say OH GOD PLEASE NO. If Steve asked me whether I thought it would be a good idea I would say PLEASE DONT POLLUTE MY IPHONE. If Rene came on the thread I would say GAWD NO MAN I DON'T WANT MY IPHONE POLLUTED.

SO.......my answer is the same. I hate the Pavlovian response to the stupid thing.

Which is one of the many many many many reasons I don't use a daily driver phone with a red blinking light.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I would not find it cool at all. I've had enough years of Pavlovuan response to a blinking red light. I don't want it on my iPhone. It's too BlackBerry.
If Tim Cook would say to me wouldn't you like a red blinking light I would say OH GOD PLEASE NO. If Steve asked me whether I thought it would be a good idea I would say PLEASE DONT POLLUTE MY IPHONE. If Rene came on the thread I would say GAWD NO MAN I DON'T WANT MY IPHONE POLLUTED.

SO.......my answer is the same. I hate the Pavlovian response to the stupid thing.

Which is one of the many many many many reasons I don't use a daily driver phone with a red blinking light.

I respect your opinion. And I like how passionate you are about your iPhone "not being polluted". While I disagree and I hope you are wrong about it being a future feature. I get it. You like it the way it is. But there is a reason the 6 and 6+ have been a huge step foward for apple because change can be good. Anyways the good thing about a little blinky light is it can be turned off (can it be on a blackberry? I don't know but I assume).
I wish my apple watch app could be "turned off" (/s)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Change can be good and change can be bad.
The New Coke comes to mind.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Haha totally. Well to me 4.7+ screens and 3rd party keyboards come to mind. Oh and even the Apple Watch. I hate it and never would buy one BUT I am glad it exists because it is pushing the envelope and showing Apples intentions of not staying stagnant and not slowing down.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just because you want or like something doesn't equate it to being an advancement or improvement...I like the idea of adding water proofing to the iPhone (similar to the "Active" model of Galaxy phones). I think it would be pretty awesome, but people might not be keen on the idea because it could add weight to the device, and could also prevent other improvements because waterproofing (or better put, adding water resistive properties to the phone) takes up space, even if it's minuscule on the scale of things, it's still space that could be used for other things.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Geez, all I asked was what folks thought about adding a LED and never expected this kind of response!!! In the end they are just phones and if you can improve on something that other folks might find useful, then why not???

Who gives a rats *** if Blackberry or any other manufacturers used it. I have had a lot of iPhone users who happen to like the LED idea and would welcome the addition of one.

I only made the post to get some credible feedback that's all.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Geez, all I asked was what folks thought about adding a LED and never expected this kind of response!!! In the end they are just phones and if you can improve on something that other folks might find useful, then why not???

Who gives a rats *** if Blackberry or any other manufacturers used it. I have had a lot of iPhone users who happen to like the LED idea and would welcome the addition of one.

I only made the post to get some credible feedback that's all.

And obviously, as you can see, there are a number of iPhone users who think that it's an abominable idea. So, there's that.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
And obviously, as you can see, there are a number of iPhone users who think that it's an abominable idea. So, there's that.

And they are many like myself at the business end of the market who think otherwise, so I will keep bringing it up from time to time and to my Apple business rep who I buy my Apple products for my business through who also thinks it's a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.