Just because you want or like something doesn't equate it to being an advancement or improvement...I like the idea of adding water proofing to the iPhone (similar to the "Active" model of Galaxy phones). I think it would be pretty awesome, but people might not be keen on the idea because it could add weight to the device, and could also prevent other improvements because waterproofing (or better put, adding water resistive properties to the phone) takes up space, even if it's minuscule on the scale of things, it's still space that could be used for other things.
    04-13-2015 05:46 PM
    Geez, all I asked was what folks thought about adding a LED and never expected this kind of response!!! In the end they are just phones and if you can improve on something that other folks might find useful, then why not???

Who gives a rats *** if Blackberry or any other manufacturers used it. I have had a lot of iPhone users who happen to like the LED idea and would welcome the addition of one.

I only made the post to get some credible feedback that's all.
    anon(73368) and ritesh like this.
    04-13-2015 08:01 PM
    Geez, all I asked was what folks thought about adding a LED and never expected this kind of response!!! In the end they are just phones and if you can improve on something that other folks might find useful, then why not???

Who gives a rats *** if Blackberry or any other manufacturers used it. I have had a lot of iPhone users who happen to like the LED idea and would welcome the addition of one.

And obviously, as you can see, there are a number of iPhone users who think that it's an abominable idea. So, there's that.
    kch50428 likes this.
    04-13-2015 08:06 PM
    Feedback you got... Apparently, it's only credible when it conforms to your views... Oh well...
    04-13-2015 08:11 PM
    And obviously, as you can see, there are a number of iPhone users who think that it's an abominable idea. So, there's that.
    And they are many like myself at the business end of the market who think otherwise, so I will keep bringing it up from time to time and to my Apple business rep who I buy my Apple products for my business through who also thinks it's a great idea.
    ritesh likes this.
    04-13-2015 08:11 PM
    Feedback you got... Apparently, it's only credible when it conforms to your views... Oh well...
    Well, at the business end there are a lot more folks like me who think the same way and who have a big influence, so only time will tell.
    ritesh likes this.
    04-13-2015 08:14 PM
    I think that it would be a good idea, as long as it can be turned off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ritesh likes this.
    04-13-2015 08:27 PM

Exactly, I agree with you a 100%, a simple software switch in the settings menu.
    ritesh likes this.
    04-13-2015 08:31 PM
    Well, at the business end there are a lot more folks like me who think the same way and who have a big influence, so only time will tell.
    so, if we're not "business users" we're squat... OK... If you say so... Smh...
    04-13-2015 08:33 PM
    ...coming from the Blackberry world....

If a bleeping blinking notification light is essential to your existence, you should have stayed in the Blackberry world...

I for one hope Apple NEVER incorporates a blinky light... I detested it when I had Blackberries...
    People make choices by weighing benefits vs risks, no phone is perfect. I just can't stand when people get overly rude. I've had smartphones with most platform out there there are some basic features that iPhone lacks just like other phones, and there are a lot of things iphone does the best. Just don't say it if you don't have nothing positive to say, people don't give a rip about what you think they should get or to stay with, it's their money.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus!
    anon(73368), xtremeled and gg22 like this.
    04-13-2015 08:34 PM
    so, if we're not "business users" we're squat... OK... If you say so... Smh...
    You missed the point completely, it called having choices and options. There are a lot of folks who came over from other platforms who might welcome the idea of a LED.

A simple software switch could be provided in the settings menu to turn it off if you choose not to want to use it.

This is a market of consumers who want more choices and options. It was just a suggestion.
    xtremeled and ritesh like this.
    04-13-2015 08:37 PM

Agreed l!! I'm all for it!!

Sent from my  Iphone 6 
    04-13-2015 08:40 PM
    This is a market of consumers who want more choices and options. It was just a suggestion.
    You're missing my point... There are indeed choices... If you want your beloved blinky light, don't choose the iPhone. If Apple thought there was a market for it, it would be there...
    04-13-2015 08:48 PM
    Just don't be surprised when it suddenly shows up in the next few years.
    04-13-2015 08:55 PM
    You're missing my point... There are indeed choices... If you want your beloved blinky light, don't choose the iPhone. If Apple thought there was a market for it, it would be there...
    Whatever, as I said, just a suggestion, not demanding anything and I still like my 6+ and my iMacs I use in my business.
    04-13-2015 08:58 PM

No harm done, and you did get "some credible feedback" from both opponents and proponents.....
    04-13-2015 09:00 PM
    People make choices by weighing benefits vs risks, no phone is perfect. I just can't stand when people get overly rude. I've had smartphones with most platform out there there are some basic features that iPhone lacks just like other phones, and there are a lot of things iphone does the best. Just don't say it if you don't have nothing positive to say, people don't give a rip about what you think they should get or to stay with, it's their money.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus!
    IMO, your comment is pretty rude.

I can say it. And I will say it. Are you trying to say that only those who agree with your point of view are allowed to comment? Good luck with that.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.
    Last edited by HankAZ; 04-13-2015 at 10:15 PM.
    kch50428 and mikeo007 like this.
    04-13-2015 09:04 PM
    Good Lord, I sure hope not....
    04-13-2015 09:16 PM
    Maybe they'll put one in the next Watch...
    04-13-2015 09:38 PM
    Show us some proof on that buddy...lol. As a business end user, I don't know anyone who thinks such a thing would be a useful addition to an iPhone.

I don't want it on my iPhone because I don't want the space required to put it in the chassis to be used for such, nor do I want it staring at me all the time over the fantastic design of this device. Just my opinion...nothing factual about it at all, and if they added it, I'd just deal with it.

Thankfully, up to this point, Apple seems to agree with those of us who don't care for the idea.
    04-13-2015 09:46 PM
    This whole business thing and the blinking light is a crock. Man folks are getting business done everyday without that light.
    The big influence are those people in tents outside of every Apple Store a month before release.
    There's no consortium of business professionals banging their fist on a desk for a blinking light.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    04-13-2015 09:51 PM
    This whole business thing and the blinking light is a crock. Man folks are getting business done everyday without that light.
    The big influence are those people in tents outside of every Apple Store a month before release.
    There's no consortium of business professionals banging their fist on a desk for a blinking light.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    People like to throw around the "business world" BS to support their clamoring because it's really all they have to latch onto...and to be honest, it's pretty laughable. The world has moved on from Blackberry, and all that came with Blackberry. The amount of people sitting around yearning for an LED notification light on their smart phone probably make up a fraction of a fraction of 1% of the business consumers who buy iPhones.

Business end users are far more worried about things like email enhancements in the native application on the iPhone and increased battery life.

And then there's the little corner of end users like bakron1 who think his desire for an LED notification light is some how this really popular want by vast spans of business users. Weird...it seems Apple follows large consumer demand with their design and development...and yet here we are, with an iPhone that has no LED notification light...I wonder why?
    kch50428 likes this.
    04-13-2015 10:07 PM
    People like to throw around the "business world" BS to support their clamoring because it's really all they have to latch onto...and to be honest, it's pretty laughable.
    its a thought ending cliche... Or an attempt at one.
    04-13-2015 10:27 PM
    Don't be surprised when it's not.
    04-13-2015 10:40 PM
    I'm a business user. I chose a Galaxy 5 for work because of the removable battery. As a business user I find more value in a user replaceable battery. So if I were to clamor for something it would not be the Pavlovian BlackBerry blinking blink blinking blink blink blinkity blinking light.

I GOT AWAY FROM BLACKBERRY and all its blink blink blinking blink blinkity blink bloomking blinking blink. I DON'T WANT to be reminded of it. It's a bad blinking blink blinkity blinking blink of a nightmare.

NO I don't want my iPhone turning into a troglodyte blackberry androidian hybrid hot mess.

Want a blinkity blinking blink blinking blinkity blink blonking blinking light get a BlackBerry.

The above came from a business user who wants to forget the hot pile of mess nightmare that was blackberry.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    04-14-2015 01:38 AM
185 ... 23456 ...