Durability of the lightning cable. How's yours?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who upgraded to an iPhone or iPad from a previous version that used Apple's 30-pin dock connector to one that uses Apple's lightning connector, how is the durability of your new connector? Do you find that it is lasting longer than your previous 30-pin connector? Is the durability about the same or what?

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Mine are perfect. I actually use the "life hack" of putting two spring from an ink pen on the ends of the charger to keep it from bending and breaking.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I mostly use a Certified Monoprice 10' lightning cable. It's been great. The 3' Apple cable works well too. They're both holding up.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well I been using the same iPhone lightning charger that came with my iPhone 5 a couple months after the first launch of the iPhone 5 and even tho it is starting to bend but still works for me.. And I had a lightning charger from iPad mini that I used for a month and already broke on me.. Till this day my iPhone 5 charger still working good for me

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I take pretty good care of mine. I've even given a couple away. I tried something new with my lightning cable and added the spring from inside a pen to both ends.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Had two third party cables and both failed after a couple of months..using a Certified Monoprice 6ft cable now and it's working just fine. The original cable that came with my 5S also works fine since I've only had it a week😁

Sent from my iPad LTE

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I bought a bunch of third party cables for ?1,-, so it doesn't affect me if something went wrong with it. The original cable is only for syncing purposes on my pc. I try to use that one as less as possible.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Haven't used the lightening cable.
I got the Mophie Helium Case the day I got the iPhone 5S and have used several USB Micro cables which charges both the phone and the Mophoie.
Two cables at home and one in the car which I've never used.
Great battery life on the 5S and only used the Mophie charging feature once to try it out.
Good Luck

Bias reduX

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
All 3 of my cables have a burned out section of side you insert into the iPhone. Not really sure what I've done wrong, I only use a apple charger or a computer to charge my phone. I can only use one side of the cable now. If I flip it to the wrong side it will continually connect and disconnect.

At first I thought it was my iPhone, but after getting a replacement one of my other cables did the same thing

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
All 3 of my cables have a burned out section of side you insert into the iPhone. Not really sure what I've done wrong, I only use a apple charger or a computer to charge my phone. I can only use one side of the cable now. If I flip it to the wrong side it will continually connect and disconnect.

At first I thought it was my iPhone, but after getting a replacement one of my other cables did the same thing

Did you try and clean the charger hole of your device? It's possible there is some dust in it. Try to clean it gently with a toothpick

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If it were up to me, I would make an appointment with the Genius Bar. Tell them what you've been experiencing. And leave the part with the non-genuine cables out of your story. Let's see what they have to say

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711