Is it possible to make email from a particular sender go automatically to its own file?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to make emails from one particular sender go automatically to it’s own file ? I have tried to move them from the inbox manually and they don’t always go, and because of the volume this is so tiresome it’s hardly worth doing ! It’s easy enough to train mail to go to “Junk” but this seems not to work to a folder.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
That’s a rule you should set up in the email service (Gmail, Outlook.com, etc) itself from a desktop browser. But note that, if the messages skip the Inbox, you won’t get a notification on your iPhone.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
not getting a notification, how wonderful ! So I could just look at the file (if I wanted to) then.

Exactly. Like ECM said, you can create these rules. I have similar rules set up in Outlook for work, but I had to create the rules from Outlook on my laptop. Don’t think you can create them on mobile. And no, you won’t get a notification sound, but I do get the unread count on the specific folder when an email comes in.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77