How to download music to iPhone without iTunes

dougdraws

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
I am looking for a way to download songs to the actual phone itself without using iTunes. I have searched the web, but haven't been able to find anything useful. Tons of tips for using iTunes to do it, but I want to bypass that and actually have the songs on the phone that I can listen to anytime without using up my data.

Is there a way to do this?

dougdraws

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I just installed the Evermusic app and am trying that out. Seems pretty decent so far, but my main problem is still trying to figure out how to download songs onto the phone itself. The app synced with Google Drive and Dropbox, but I'm unsure if that will still use data or not.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I just installed the Evermusic app and am trying that out. Seems pretty decent so far, but my main problem is still trying to figure out how to download songs onto the phone itself. The app synced with Google Drive and Dropbox, but I'm unsure if that will still use data or not.

The only way to install music to the music app is to use Apple Music, or purchase from the iTunes Store, or use a desktop PC with iTunes or a Mac.

You can always just use an app that has its’ own in app storage. I use VLC to play local music and connect to my NAS drive on my home network, but that is separate from iTunes.

Last edited:

dougdraws

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
I find songs I like and use an online YouTube converter to convert them into MP3s, then I save those into my Dropbox. In the Evermusic app you can download songs from Dropbox onto the phone itself for offline listening.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I find songs I like and use an online YouTube converter to convert them into MP3s, then I save those into my Dropbox. In the Evermusic app you can download songs from Dropbox onto the phone itself for offline listening.

That seems like a lot of work, when Google makes the YouTube Music app, which lets you download to in app storage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2