FaceID Error

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have had no issues with Face ID apart from the security worries that we posted about in another thread. Which is more than I can say about Touch ID,which constantly forgets what it’s doing,and has to re-learn all the time !

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
This never happened to me. But kinda worrying that will happens soon.

It’s not bad but it is irritating,what happens is that it forgets a digit regularly,so you have to shift the device so you can use another digit, or you can get in with your chosen grip if you keep going till it re-learns, Annoying !

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It’s not bad but it is irritating,what happens is that it forgets a digit regularly,so you have to shift the device so you can use another digit, or you can get in with your chosen grip if you keep going till it re-learns, Annoying !
I was never more happy than when apple came out with faceid. I work with my hands and I can promise you my touchid worked MAYBE 40% of the time. I absolutely hated it. Even on my pixel 2xl I hate the finger print sensor.

FaceID works when my fingers are wet, sweaty, greasy, or dirty. FaceID works when I have sunglasses on or a hat or even when I shave a beard or grow it out. It even works when I wear surgical latex gloves in the hospitals. The only time I have trouble with faceid ever is when I hold my phone at a weird angle and even then it works most of the time.

If anyone tells me touchid is better, I find it hard to believe that they've ever actually used both. Either that or they have perfectly dry and not sweaty and clean hands every single second of their life.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering, my 21 year old step son got into some trouble with his gf cuz she supposedly unlocked his phone while he was asleep and found all kinds of texts ....lmao

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Just wondering, my 21 year old step son got into some trouble with his gf cuz she supposedly unlocked his phone while he was asleep and found all kinds of texts ....lmao

Did he have ‘Require Attention for Face ID’ enabled in Settings > Face ID & Passcode?? Having that enabled adds another level of security to Face ID, as it requires you to be looking at your device with your eyes open.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Did he have ‘Require Attention for Face ID’ enabled in Settings > Face ID & Passcode?? Having that enabled adds another level of security to Face ID, as it requires you to be looking at your device with your eyes open.

I have no idea. All I know is that he’s in a world of trouble

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site

I’ll check though and see what kinda security he had on it. It’s a XS

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I’ll check though and see what kinda security he had on it. It’s a XS

Sounds like a good idea to see if that is enabled or not. Hopefully, if it wasn’t enabled, he can go ahead and enable it now to prevent any future ‘misunderstandings,’ lol.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Somewhat related; tell him at 21 he shouldn't be tied down to one chick and should be swinging with the best of them.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
It got bad (by his own words), she had just moved in with him about 2 weeks ago. He had 3 other roommates as well. He woke up to her punching him in the face. He thought about his mother and didn’t do anything to her. HE packed up and went to his fathers house lol.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Could have been worse. You reminded me of this article, about a bride who found out, from text messages on her fiance's phone, and read the texts out loud at the wedding, instead of saying her vows.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
At 21, I was somewhere in the Philippines surrounded by gorgeous woman and partying like it was 1999....(Laughing)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77