Can anyone explain this? I have had every iphone up until the X. I then switched to a S9+ and then a Note 9 which i might ad were excellent phones.

I then went back to Apple and bought a Max. One thing that bothers me the Note 9 and the S9+ launches apps much quicker than the max does despite this big A12 chip. Why is this?

I'm sorry for the rant but it p****s me off when i go on youtube reading all the comments from the Mate 20 pro brigade how s***t the iphone is being slow in speedt tests blah blah when you can't argue against it
    10-26-2018 05:10 PM
    My apps launch just fine on my Max and I have no speed issues with WiFi and LTE connectivity.
    10-26-2018 05:25 PM
    I’d add that they do seem to load slower than the S9 i came from. Doesn’t really bother me much though.

That said I wish the LTE connectivity was better. Dropped 3 calls this week on my XS.
    10-26-2018 06:00 PM
    I mean the apps themselves, for example like Instagram, Twitter, KIK, social media. They seem to load faster on androids. The fandroids are having a field day on youtube.
    10-26-2018 06:46 PM
    My apps load fine. Regular apps always seem to load faster on Android and games usually seem to load faster on iPhone. I haven't really paid much attention though to as I love the Max and am extremely happy with it.
    10-26-2018 07:19 PM
    I mean the apps themselves, for example like Instagram, Twitter, KIK, social media. They seem to load faster on androids. The fandroids are having a field day on youtube.
    Oh, then it must be true!
    10-26-2018 07:32 PM
    Can anyone explain this? I have had every iphone up until the X. I then switched to a S9+ and then a Note 9 which i might ad were excellent phones.

I then went back to Apple and bought a Max. One thing that bothers me the Note 9 and the S9+ launches apps much quicker than the max does despite this big A12 chip. Why is this?

I'm sorry for the rant but it p****s me off when i go on youtube reading all the comments from the Mate 20 pro brigade how s***t the iphone is being slow in speedt tests blah blah when you can't argue against it
    How much faster are these apps opening on Androids devices? A fraction of a second? If so, why would that tick you off?
    jhnnyblze2000 likes this.
    10-26-2018 09:15 PM
    The apps on my iPhone XS Max load faster than the apps on the Pixel 3 XL.
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    10-26-2018 11:38 PM
    So an Android device with twice the RAM of an iPhone X opens apps a fraction of a second faster. Wow! I'd be more ticked at the Android device
    10-27-2018 10:34 AM
    I then went back to Apple and bought a Max. One thing that bothers me the Note 9 and the S9+ launches apps much quicker than the max does despite this big A12 chip.
    I guess there's one thing left for me to do. I'm running out and get me a Note 9 right now (laughing).
    10-27-2018 11:03 AM
    I don't know if apps load any faster on my Note 9 than they do on my Max, but I do know that apps crash a lot more frequently on my Note. As far as that goes, I can't really remember an app crashing on my Max. App crashes on the Note happen daily.

I have noticed games loading faster on the Max. Marvel Contest of Champions is a great example, the Max loads it noticeable faster. Often times the Note will hang on the loading screen and I have to kill the app and start over.
    JHarperStewart likes this.
    10-28-2018 01:16 PM
    Apps load faster for me on the Max. The only app I have issues with is Tapatalk. Sometimes it freezes and I have to force close it. But it’s not unique to the Max. It’s been Ike this for a long time now. Had it on the iPhone X and prior as well. Other then that I don’t see where the Note is faster at all.
    10-28-2018 02:45 PM
    I don't know if apps load any faster on my Note 9 than they do on my Max, but I do know that apps crash a lot more frequently on my Note. As far as that goes, I can't really remember an app crashing on my Max. App crashes on the Note happen daily.

I have noticed games loading faster on the Max. Marvel Contest of Champions is a great example, the Max loads it noticeable faster. Often times the Note will hang on the loading screen and I have to kill the app and start over.
    I have had my xs max screen freeze a couple times, and it has also restarted 5 or 6 times in the three weeks I have had it. I guess I don’t see iOS or android much better then the other. It is strange that the iPhone test so much faster but in practice is basically the same. Then again it is funny how iPhone keeps apps open with only 4gb of ram and android needs 6 or 8. Would love to have both, but Verizon does not allow you to just swap the SIM card and go. No one else has good enough coverage.
    10-28-2018 06:44 PM
    I have had my xs max screen freeze a couple times, and it has also restarted 5 or 6 times in the three weeks I have had it. I guess I don’t see iOS or android much better then the other. It is strange that the iPhone test so much faster but in practice is basically the same. Then again it is funny how iPhone keeps apps open with only 4gb of ram and android needs 6 or 8. Would love to have both, but Verizon does not allow you to just swap the SIM card and go. No one else has good enough coverage.
    Not sure what you mean by Verizon won’t allow you to swap SIM cards and go. I swap mine between the Note and Max almost weekly with no issues. I usually do a reboot to make sure the number takes on the phone, but haven’t really had any issues.
    10-28-2018 06:53 PM
    Not sure what you mean by Verizon won’t allow you to swap SIM cards and go. I swap mine between the Note and Max almost weekly with no issues. I usually do a reboot to make sure the number takes on the phone, but haven’t really had any issues.
    Yea there were days is used 2 different phones in the same day.
    10-28-2018 07:38 PM

That’s just the animation on iOS.

Go to settings, general, accessibility, and turn on reduce motion.

Sorry op but the iPhone Xs is much faster than anything Samsung offers.
    Spencerdl and jhnnyblze2000 like this.
    10-29-2018 07:59 AM
    Not so sure. Even the Mate pro is embarrassingly beating the iphone in speed, the laughing stock of the Mate fanboys and 500 quid cheaper. Apple conned people with the A12 bionic chip. Looks like i'll be selling the Max, last iphone i'll ever own....
    10-29-2018 02:24 PM
    The iPhone blows away any Android offering year after year. App opening “speed tests” are a laughable example of comparing phone speeds.
    10-29-2018 07:41 PM
    Looks like the iPhone Xs max is faster than the note 9.

Also the screen is better on the iPhone X’s max compared to the note 9

Here is another test where the iPhone X’s max beats the note 9.

iPhone Xs max is even faster than the pixels 3.

Last edited by FFR; 10-30-2018 at 03:39 AM.
    10-30-2018 03:27 AM
    9/10 web based applications/social media apps open faster on android. It’s been that way for years. Gaming apps open faster on iOS. Nothing new
    cwbcpa and JHarperStewart like this.
    10-30-2018 03:54 AM
    Okay, here’s the answer as to why Android home screen and apps open faster. It’s visual. The animations are much faster or non existent on Android. iOS has animations for all these things. That’s the reason.
    jpgti and torbach1 like this.
    10-30-2018 09:33 AM
    Not so sure. Even the Mate pro is embarrassingly beating the iphone in speed, the laughing stock of the Mate fanboys and 500 quid cheaper. Apple conned people with the A12 bionic chip. Looks like i'll be selling the Max, last iphone i'll ever own....
    That’s based on animations more than anything else. The iPhone regularly beats android devices in speed tests as pointed out in the videos above. If commenters on YouTube are very important to you then you could either educate them or use what they tell you to use. That’s your call.
    10-30-2018 01:50 PM
    Can I ask an honest question? Who cares? If the only reason you don’t like it is cause android supposedly opens apps faster and android fanboys are “laughing” about it who really cares. If your happy with the phone keep it and use it. If your not sell it and move on, I don’t understand why it matters what a bunch of people on YouTube are saying about how “fast” the phone is or isn’t.
    10-30-2018 06:53 PM
    How much time is "saved" by an app opening faster on iOS or Android ? 🤷🏻*♂️
    10-30-2018 07:42 PM
    The Oneplus6t has just handed the iphone max's ***. It beats it everywhere including games and loading webpages it's a huge difference. We are talking about a 550 dollar phone vs 1100 phone.

I'm wondering if apple are cheating somehow on the geek bench scores or there's something wrong with their software. I don't believe it's animations because it seems to struggle loading apps in comparison. My phone isn't faulty because it's the same on all iphones i have tried. I turned down the animations.

I'm sorry people if my posts offend anyone on here they are not meant to. I'm just a little p*****d spending so much on a phone that's supposed to have the fastest processor that doesn't feel fast.
    11-01-2018 03:54 PM
57 123