[REVIEW] Eucalyptus Case for the iPhone XS Max

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
https://youtu.be/FVvhu6VduTc

Australia is synonymous with Great White sharks, deadly snakes, boomerangs, really cool hats, Crocodile Dundee, and throwing shrimp on the Barbie. When I was a small child, I didn’t quite understand throwing shrimp at Barbies, but it eventually made sense as I got older. Well, there is another cool thing that comes Australia, and it's called eucalyptus. Eucalyptus is pretty, it’s a primary source of food for Koala’s, and the oil from the trees smells really good – it also makes for really nice shampoo. Well, in addition to feeding Koala’s and smelling really nice, apparently it makes for a really nice design on a phone cover! Who’d of thought? Well, thankfully Incipio did the thinking for us on this one and decided to make a really stylish case with fancy Eucalyptus blossoms all over it. And without further ado, I give you the Incipio Eucalyptus case!

20181005_221102.jpg

The Look: The Incipio Eucalyptus case looks fancy, pretty, and clean. The case is a classic TPU style case with a printed design on it. Normally I’m not the biggest fan of printed cases, but this one caught my eye and I decided that I wanted to test it out and review it. I am quite a fan of eucalyptus. I have used the smell good, tingly shampoo and bars of soap, and even the cough drops, so I figured why no try it out on a case! Well, unfortunately it doesn’t smell like eucalyptus oil, but it does look really good! The printed pattern looks really good and blends seamlessly into the case material. The case also has a protective finish to prevent scratches. After using the case for the last week I can say that either a) it does prevent scratches, or b) the eucalyptus print makes it where you can’t see them. Either way, it’s a win-win, and seems to hold up well!

20181005_221111.jpg
20181005_221128.jpg
20181005_221156.jpg

The Feel: The case has a typical TPU style feel to it. It’s not overly grippy, but it also isn’t a slippery bar of eucalyptus soap either. I didn’t have any problems hanging onto it. In fact, the form factor is very thin and doesn’t add to much bulk to the phone, which made it pleasant to hold. The buttons are unremarkable. They work well and have quality feedback. I think one of my favorite things about the phone is that it doesn’t seem to attract as much residue or create a film on the case. I love TPU cases, especially clear ones! However, I hate that they are such a magnet to body oils and anything else that you touch along the way. They seem like they start to get greasy and just feel gross after a while. Well, that doesn’t seem to be the case with this case. Maybe it’s just an optical illusion thing, or maybe it generally bothers me more than most, but this case seems more resistant to build up.

20181005_221331.jpg
20181005_221349.jpg

Security: Eucalyptus is great for a lot of things! It makes for a great throat lozenge, it smells good in shampoo, and it keeps Koala’s alive. However, apparently putting a picture eucalyptus leaves on your phone doesn’t add any extra protection. Sorry… However, it will look really nice while your phone falls to the earth! Unfortunately, this case doesn’t have an official drop protection rating. Naturally, it does add some protection to the phone, but how much is uncertain. As with any expensive phone (or any phone in general), I would highly recommend that you not drop it. But, this is the real world and accidents happen. In the event that you do knock your phone off the nightstand or drop it out of your backpack, it should be fine. However, I would be very hesitant with trusting it to save your phone from much more than that. Additionally, the case has oversized edges on the front of the case to help protect the screen on a flat surface, and the cutout for the camera is recessed for added protection.

20181005_221401.jpg
20181005_221403.jpg
20181005_221434.jpg

Conclusion: The Incipio Eucalyptus case is very fashionable and unique. The solid TPU molding conforms to the phone well and doesn’t mess with the form factor. Of course, by the very nature of the thin material it isn’t protective, but doesn’t have to be - and the wireless charging is unaffected. This case is a Designer Series case, and is made for looks, no climbing any rock formations or skateboarding. It definitely has its limitations when it comes to overall protection, but it looks really cool – which I think counts for something! Overall, I really like case and I think it looks really spiffy. The price is also attractive, at $24.99.

20181005_221429.jpg

If you’re interested in being a defender of the koalas, or would like to have a cool case on your phone while you take pictures of shrimps on the Barbie, then head over to Incipio’s website to pick up the Eucalyptus case. https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...lyptus-iphone-xs-max-case.html&token=38BTZzRX - As mentioned above, they are available for $24.99. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them down in the comments section.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner