Which wireless chargers do you all use?

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it has something to do with the actual size of the charging coil within, but many chargers seem very sensitive to the positioning of the phone, and even a slight move can cause charging to cease. The Original Belkin Boost-Up was very much that way and all indications to me were that although the charge surface itself was larger than many, somply placing the phone had to be done meticulously for consistent results. Other models & brands less so....

I just tried to be more intentional about placement and I didn’t connect and disconnect this time!

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how the more vertically positioned chargers and stands compare, but all of the flat disc types seem at least a bit sensitive to placement. And if the phone vibrates with notifications, the phone can 'drift' away from proper positioning too....I would suggest always check when placing the phone for the proper 'green battery', with 'lightning bolt icon' and the 'charging tone' notification sound. Not sure if the X design screen displays are the same as mine which is an 'Old Style' 8Plus....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how the more vertically positioned chargers and stands compare, but all of the flat disc types seem at least a bit sensitive to placement. And if the phone vibrates with notifications, the phone can 'drift' away from proper positioning too....

That has been my experience, too. The vertical ones like TYLT has been fine with however my iPhone is placed on it.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I would imagine that any more or less vertically oriented charge surface would be best - some of the newer Samsung discs as well as newer Belkin models are ( or can be) more vertically positioned. That would solve most of this issue.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I have a weird question. Can you plug in your Apple headset and use it while the phone is charging on the charging pad? For example like listening to music, since there headset port is also the charging port.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a weird question. Can you plug in your Apple headset and use it while the phone is charging on the charging pad? For example like listening to music, since there headset port is also the charging port.

Of course. Don’t worry about that.

BuckyBadg

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I use: Yootech Fast Wireless Charger with Cooling Fan, Qi-Certified 10W Max Wireless Charging Stand with Quick Adapter

Works great, very satisfied. The built in cooling fan is awesome. I just hope it continues and the device has good longevity.

mnocito79

Jan 21, 2020
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have tried a lot of these. I’m thinking of using the ones that didn’t work out as furniture sliders. I’ve got this one off of Amazon for about 6 months and LOVE it. There don’t seem to be charging dead spots. I just drop my device (for me normally my phone) and it charges nice and fast.
Here’s the link to the one I picked up if it helps.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KRZ9127?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3188598

Hello and welcome to iMore! When you get a moment, stroll on over to the new members' section and introduce yourself to the community:
https://forums.imore.com/new-forums-introduce-yourself-here/

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I have tried a lot of these. I’m thinking of using the ones that didn’t work out as furniture sliders. I’ve got this one off of Amazon for about 6 months and LOVE it. There don’t seem to be charging dead spots. I just drop my device (for me normally my phone) and it charges nice and fast.
Here’s the link to the one I picked up if it helps.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KRZ9127?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3188726

I really like this one. I’m looking for a good 3 in 1 charger for the watch and AirPods too

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I've had off & on dead spot issues with most of our 'pads' but mostly that the phones can easily get knocked while on the bedside tables and while askew, of course, charging stops. Sometimes when a bad spot seems almost total, I restart the phone and all's OK - as if the dead spot at times may be phone software related. The worst for this was our original Belkin 'Boost-Up' pad and the restart of phone was needed there frequently.
I just picked up ( Amazon) two Anker Power-wave 7.5 'stands' which orient the phone either landscape or portrait and should eliminate phones getting knocked off center. Seems to be a good build quality and after one night, all seems well ( but I've said that before so I'll work them for a month so....) The price was right in this case as I had ordered two in a special 'BOGO' offering pre Black Friday through Amazon.ca Prime. So for about $50 Cdn getting 2 ( one black for me, one white for my wife) was a no-brainer. On the same special I also got two TP link WR850 Range extenders unbelievably cheap. $30 for 2!..I already have one in use which had cost 4X what I paid on Amazon.ca last Nov. First one cost me $125 Bdos at home ($62.50 US) I'm right now in Canada to ( among other things) collect my Amazon packages at my mail-box at UPS...

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Three ’s, an iPhone XR White-iPhone 11 Pro Max Green and an iPhone 8+ Project Red sitting on a triple no Name charger at my party. It got lots of use.
c8013d7bdd03634f2779e4fa7c47165a.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
That's my Samsung wireless charger that I use for my AirPods Pro and my TYLT wireless charger that I use for my iPhone. I really like the 45° angle and build quality of it. They fit perfectly on my portable desk.
348e8d432fd4bab6843e1d9b695f92cb.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2