Damn this Camera Hump! Grrrr

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I really hope Apple doesn't make the camera hump so damn sharp or large on this years model. I've dinged up 2 other devices when slipped in with the X. I'm normally good about keeping the hump away from things but there are times where I need to quickly slide my other device in my pocket and it hits against the camera hump. Normally you buy a case to protect your device but I need to put the case back on just to keep it from ruining other devices. Lol.

Sorry this is just a rant post.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
As long as Apple wants to keep these devices as thin as they are then the camera humps are here to stay until camera componets become even smaller.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I always use a case on my devices so the camera hump is gone but I can see if you done use a case it would be a pain in the a..

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
A slightly thicker phone without a hump would be worth the extra battery the phone could hold.

Nope, because then they could make the camera better by making it even more thicker, and it would still poke out. Besides, then people would P & M about the thickness and weight of the phone...

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Nope, because then they could make the camera better by making it even more thicker, and it would still poke out. Besides, then people would P & M about the thickness and weight of the phone...

Not sure about that, as the iPhone 8 is 7% heavier than the IPhone 7 and the 8+ is 7.5% heavier than the 7+ yet nobody ever complains about the extra weight.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
The Samsung Galaxy S9+ has an almost-flush camera hump and it's a thin and light device.

I think that's one of the reasons Samsung places there cameras where they do. Putting it in the middle where the phone is thickest helps to alleviate that. It's also a tiny bit thicker, and has a rounded shape which helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2