iPhone X: To case, or not to case?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been using my iPhone X for some time now (love it), and have bounced between using cases, and no case at all. I've come to the conclusion that I very much prefer using the phone with NO case, but in an effort to protect it I've installed an Invisible Shield screen protector. I figure it's a decent compromise.

How do you like to use yours? Case on, or off?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Case and screen protector. Always. Unless you don’t mind scratches and blemishes that might come from a drop. I just find cases I like. Right now I’m happy with the X-Level Hero on both of my X’s.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I almost always use a case and screen protector with iPhones. For work, and because the phones are too slick.
Even with the glass back, the phone is so thin that it’s slick. Sure it looks nice, but does it matter how nice it looks when your drop it and smash it?

songbird

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I use a case 90% of the time and always when going out. I do take them off when I get home to relax. I love it without a case, but sometimes it's a bit slippery in the hands or just on a table or pillows. I also wish there were no camera hump.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Unless you can afford the cost to repair or replace a case and screen protector is a must. The high cost of devices today is crazy not worth taking the chance IMHO.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
9c24e5a521a5cdeda3634340a9620480.jpg

Definitely a case BUT I do love that naked feel. Just don’t trust myself LOL

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I own a couple of cases - the purple Apple leather and a speck candyshell (plus have a couple of cheap colour gradient cases on their way) but I prefer caseless and that is how I run most often.

If I was going somewhere where I’d want more protection (like a theme park or something) I’ll throw a case on, but other than that I tend to go without (like all my other iPhones).

And never a screen protector. Loathe them. Nothing but a racket. I worked out how much I spent on screen protectors over a year when I had to replace tempered ones that always seem to chip on their edges or plastic ones that scratch to hell and look terrible, and peeled the thing off and never looked back. I could have bought a new phone with the money I wasted on them.

I choose AppleCare instead. And I’ve only ever needed it once - and it wasn’t me, it was my husband who broke my old phone (he gets my hand me downs).

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
My compromise is that I don't buy Apple Care but I do use a case (Apple leather). If I had Apple Care I think I'd dare to go sans case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711