Installing from App Store using Face ID

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Ok. What am I missing? I turned on Face ID for iTunes and App Store.

However, when I try to get an app from the app store, I get a bouncing prompt on the right side that says Double click to install. There's nothing to double-click. I see (I guess) a box that's off screen and I can't slide it in.

If I turn off Face ID for iTunes and App Store, I have no problems.

What's going on?

Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

However, when I try to get an app from the app store, I get a bouncing prompt on the right side that says Double click to install. There's nothing to double-click. ....
On the right side of the iPhone X, below the antenna band, you’ll see an elongated button. Press that button twice as depicted when the App Store prompts you. In fact, the prompt by the App Store is right next to the button you’re suppose to double press.

Last edited:

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Ok. What am I missing? I turned on Face ID for iTunes and App Store.

However, when I try to get an app from the app store, I get a bouncing prompt on the right side that says Double click to install. There's nothing to double-click. I see (I guess) a box that's off screen and I can't slide it in.

If I turn off Face ID for iTunes and App Store, I have no problems.

What's going on?

Thanks.

Double click the side button right where the prompt is located. Face ID is to authenticate and the side button is to confirm.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2