I caved and got an X.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I caved as well. I was so adamant that I wasn’t going to get it even before the keynote. I got a note 8 and kept my iPhone 7 Plus. I had the note for a few months but decided that I wasn’t really using it so I sold it. One of the stores here had £50 off the iPhone 8 Plus 256GB for the holidays making it £900. I was going to buy that then I thought I might as well pay off my note 8 at my carrier and just get the iPhone X as it was cheaper than buying the 8 plus. So I’ve ordered it and it comes on Monday.

Congratulations!!

jjinal

Aug 19, 2017
Visit site
I caved too...... Been using a Note 8 since launch and had no intention of getting a X. Woke up Monday and decided I needed one. Got it, love it. Miss my Note 8 a little.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I caved and told myself I was going to keep my 8plus. Well I was able to sell it for 750 so I just used that towards my X. I have been back and forth and have finally decided I am going to stick with the X. Love it.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I caved and told myself I was going to keep my 8plus. Well I was able to sell it for 750 so I just used that towards my X. I have been back and forth and have finally decided I am going to stick with the X. Love it.

Congrats and welcome to the fold. Hope you enjoy the X as much as I like mine.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Nice! Congrats on the new X (which hopefully you're calling it the "10" and not the "Ex" ;) )

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I picked up an 8 Plus on release day as an upgrade of my three year old iPhone 6. It’s a great phone, but I just couldn’t get used to the size. Yesterday, I too caved and traded in the 8 Plus for an X. I’m so glad I did. The X is an awesome piece of electronic genius. It took no time at all to get used to the gestures. Glad to be a part of Club X!

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I had no interest in it myself, but after playing around with it I’ve decided I will be getting one when I’m due for an upgrade next year, possibly. Hopefully they’ll introduce Touch ID via the screen if they can. That would seal the deal for me.

VivaTerlingua

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
No, I still have it and will swap between the two. I meant I was already missing having the Note 8 with me all day.
I have the Pixel 2 XL with the X and was thinking of keeping both but I’m on AT&T and visual voicemail is a mess when trying to switch back and forth. Also not sure if I’d be missing any messages when turning iMessaging on and off.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I picked up an 8 Plus on release day as an upgrade of my three year old iPhone 6. It’s a great phone, but I just couldn’t get used to the size. Yesterday, I too caved and traded in the 8 Plus for an X. I’m so glad I did. The X is an awesome piece of electronic genius. It took no time at all to get used to the gestures. Glad to be a part of Club X!

AWESOME!
Congratulations.

flycoolchick

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Yep-I caved as well and got the X...it arrived Friday and I couldn’t be more happier with it. My plan was to ride out my 7 Plus for another year, but who was I kidding! LOL. So far I’m 100% pleased with my purchase.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep-I caved as well and got the X...it arrived Friday and I couldn’t be more happier with it. My plan was to ride out my 7 Plus for another year, but who was I kidding! LOL. So far I’m 100% pleased with my purchase.

I hear you. I actually went out and purchased an iPhone 8 and was very happy and content with it. Having said that, curiosity got the best of me and I ended up buying the iPhone X. Been using it ever since.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Congrats! iPhone X is a great phone despite how much different an experience it is compared to previous models. I love mine!

I hear you. I actually went out and purchased an iPhone 8 and was very happy and content with it. Having said that, curiosity got the best of me and I ended up buying the iPhone X. Been using it ever since.

Everybody knew you’d eventually cave except you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Congrats! iPhone X is a great phone despite how much different an experience it is compared to previous models. I love mine!

Everybody knew you’d eventually cave except you.

I’m sure there were some who were taking bets...(laughing).

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I have the Pixel 2 XL with the X and was thinking of keeping both but I’m on AT&T and visual voicemail is a mess when trying to switch back and forth. Also not sure if I’d be missing any messages when turning iMessaging on and off.

What kept me from using a pixel on at&t is no hd voice and I hate at&t for that. Any non at&t phone besides the iPhone and common android devices will not get hd voice on at&t. It made me switch to Verizon. Really bugged me!

dflyer

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
You will like the X. The size is perfect imo. The screen is actually bigger. Perfect in your hand. My wife just picked up the 8+. That thing is huge.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You will like the X. The size is perfect imo. The screen is actually bigger. Perfect in your hand. My wife just picked up the 8+. That thing is huge.

It’s not actually bigger it’s just taller. The X screen is 97% of the size of the 8 plus screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2