I caved and got an X.

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
97% is completely wrong. The X is 5.8" the 8+ is 5.5" the difference is simply aspect ratio.
X is taller and less wide but still "larger" not smaller/97% of 5.5" ...
it's 5.8" (x)

It’s wrong but not completely wrong. This guy: https://www.podfeet.com/blog/2017/09/screen-size-8-vs-x/
went to ridiculous lengths to get the most accurate screen size comparison I have seen and he had to admit the X is indeed smaller than the Plus......but by an extremely narrow margin. The screen on the X is 99% the size of the screen on the Plus. It is indeed smaller in total area but truth be told it’s practically identical while being in a device with a much smaller footprint.

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I caved too! I bought a silver 256 off Swappa with an Otterbox case for $1024 last week. The guy shipped it overnight and warranty said it was good until 1/9/19 so I was able to purchase AppleCare.

So far I'm really liking it! I have an 8+ for my work phone and I already catch myself trying to do gestures when I moved using it.

Couldn't justify the heavy price tag for a new one so glad I waited! I knew I would cave eventually. Had an 8+ since launch, will keep it for backup.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It’s wrong but not completely wrong. This guy: https://www.podfeet.com/blog/2017/09/screen-size-8-vs-x/
went to ridiculous lengths to get the most accurate screen size comparison I have seen and he had to admit the X is indeed smaller than the Plus......but by an extremely narrow margin. The screen on the X is 99% the size of the screen on the Plus. It is indeed smaller in total area but truth be told it’s practically identical while being in a device with a much smaller footprint.

I guess they considered 2% completely wrong. Lol.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Went to Bestbuy today to upgrade my son's iPhone 6 that he dropped and shattered the screen. I caved and came home with an X and a 8. Had to jump on the buy the X and get the 8 free deal through AT&T.
b98a7b3cd433f7de4283408f393e7515.jpg

Got the silver X 256 since it's an anniversary year wanted that retro look.
Well now to get setting it up.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
l6onn44vy