iPhone X can't search for settings

Efari

Dec 8, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

i've just received my iPhone X, restored it from backup (from my iPhone 7) and updated it to iOS 11.2

great device, however i can't search for settings (while i am in settings-app)
(i don't think this is an iOS 11.2 issue, because i can still do that on my iPhone 7 which also runs 11.2)

attached picture: same search from iPhone 7 (left) and iPhone x (right)
both running same iOS, and both restored from the same backup

iphone7Xsbs.png

Is this a bug, or a hidden setting?
(if it's a setting, it's pretty annoying, because well, i can't search for the setting :p)

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Hi,

i've just received my iPhone X, restored it from backup (from my iPhone 7) and updated it to iOS 11.2

great device, however i can't search for settings (while i am in settings-app)
(i don't think this is an iOS 11.2 issue, because i can still do that on my iPhone 7 which also runs 11.2)

attached picture: same search from iPhone 7 (left) and iPhone x (right)
both running same iOS, and both restored from the same backup

View attachment 120931

Is this a bug, or a hidden setting?
(if it's a setting, it's pretty annoying, because well, i can't search for the setting :p)

That's odd, because it works on my X. Have you rebooted since set up? Maybe that will help.
IMG_0196.png

Efari

Dec 8, 2017
Visit site
Yes i had tried rebooting before you asked this. After you asked this, i did another reboot, and now it doesn't even show the apps in there.. whaat:confused:???

maybe the device is still setting up everything? i.e. scrubbing through all the photo's and apps for metatada?

i'll set it aside for tonight, maybe it will all magically appear tomorrow. i'll keep this thread updated

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Yes i had tried rebooting before you asked this. After you asked this, i did another reboot, and now it doesn't even show the apps in there.. whaat:confused:???

maybe the device is still setting up everything? i.e. scrubbing through all the photo's and apps for metatada?

i'll set it aside for tonight, maybe it will all magically appear tomorrow. i'll keep this thread updated

It may use some kind of cached data to build the search lists. I'd do as you mentioned, just use your phone as usual and try again later.

Efari

Dec 8, 2017
Visit site
Update: after several days and reboots I still had the same issue.

I solved it by doing “reset all settings” in Settings->General->Reset

Unfortunately my setttings were a bit messed up after that, but this fixed it and luckily i did not have to do a full factory reset.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Update: after several days and reboots I still had the same issue.

I solved it by doing “reset all settings” in Settings->General->Reset

Unfortunately my setttings were a bit messed up after that, but this fixed it and luckily i did not have to do a full factory reset.

Glad you got it working!!!

diliddoj

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site
Glad you got it working!!!

I reset all settings also, and it worked for the apps already installed. When I search settings for apps installed after the reset, the new apps don't come up.

Note: Everything works in Spotlight. This is only a problem searching Settings.

Anyone else see this after resetting settings?

kostkv

Feb 25, 2018
Visit site
I reset all settings also, and it worked for the apps already installed. When I search settings for apps installed after the reset, the new apps don't come up.

Note: Everything works in Spotlight. This is only a problem searching Settings.

Anyone else see this after resetting settings?
I have also similar problem on my iPhone 7+ after upgrade from 11.2.5 on 11.2.6, then I change language of my iPhone and now I can’t find in Settings.
I try change language, Siri on/off, also spotlight Settings to Settings)) but nothing(

kostkv

Feb 25, 2018
Visit site
I have also similar problem on my iPhone 7+ after upgrade from 11.2.5 on 11.2.6, then I change language of my iPhone and now I can’t find in Settings.
I try change language, Siri on/off, also spotlight Settings to Settings)) but nothing(

I find solutions or workaround)))
My payment for iCloud can’t be accepted, because was empty card without money! And after what I see one notification under AppleId what I need to renew, Update Payment Details!

I change Language Settings for iPhone, and Search in Settings and Search in Spotlight was enable again!!! I think after noticing about Payment, iPhone clear cache for Settings!!

Last edited:

kostkv

Feb 25, 2018
Visit site
Yes, change payment card, or get new virtual card with 0$ balance. After try to get payment for iCloud, cache Settings will be erased and Search in Settings and in Spotlight will be work again!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2