SIM Free iPhone X now avaiable

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Well i decided to replace my Space Grey (sold it here) with Silver and it came last Friday, and today they offer SiM Free option. So I just ordered one and it will come in time to return my AT&T branded X. It's not that I will switch carriers again, but you never know if you will be in a situation that requires . sim free phone and I pay in full so why wouldn't I want sim free.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Yep, just saw that the sim-free iPhone X is indeed available on Apple’s website. Nice to see that they released it much earlier than in previous generations

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Well i decided to replace my Space Grey (sold it here) with Silver and it came last Friday, and today they offer SiM Free option. So I just ordered one and it will come in time to return my AT&T branded X. It's not that I will switch carriers again, but you never know if you will be in a situation that requires . sim free phone and I pay in full so why wouldn't I want sim free.

Verizon was always technically SIM-free ;) If paid in full it was a factory unlocked version of the A1865 without branding or anything. That's my understanding anyway.

Does anyone know if this new version is A1901 or A1865?

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Verizon was always technically SIM-free ;) If paid in full it was a factory unlocked version of the A1865 without branding or anything. That's my understanding anyway.

I bought a Verizon model and activated it with my AT&T sim. The Apple guy at the store said as long as I bought it outright, it wouldn’t be locked. So I have an extraneous unactivated Verizon SIM lying around.

Don’t know for sure, but guessing the SIM unlocked version is the “Verizon” model since it needs the CDMA modem (Qualcomm) and Intel doesn’t have it yet.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
So the A1865 covers the bands that A1901 does as well? I assumed that was the case, but Apple doesn't list that for anymore like they did on in the past.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Unless something has changed, Verizon doesn't lock their devices. Whether it was paid full price or on installments, the device is unlocked.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I saw this last night. Looks like I might have to pick one up. Don't know why I'm so psycho about it, but I always want the fully unlocked one. If I use my Apple CC I can get at least 18 mos of 0% financing.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I ordered last night and it shipped already for delivery tomorrow. It shipped from the US and not from the Chinese factory site.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
My zip code is still a no go, but given that you an get a sim free next day delivery and shipped in 24 hours they have really fixed the production issues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2